1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Reduced Fare Bus Pass Question?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by dylanfann, Oct 9, 2019.

1. dylanfann

dylanfann Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am from out of state and qualify for the reduced fair bus pass(60 years old this year). Do I just go to the Bonneville Transit Center with my non-Nevada Drivers License and get a reduced fare ID? Do I need any other form of I.D.? Has anyone from out of state gotten a reduced fare I.D. with just their out of state driver license? Thanks for your help.

2. Natural21

Natural21 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You just need your driver's license. I have done this and the process is smooth and quick. Thanks for reminding me..............I need to find my card!
    Good luck. :beer::beer:

3. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    But - you have to go the transit center to get it?

4. ddechenne

ddechenne Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

Yep, unless it has changed in the last year, Bonneville transit station is the only place to get the reduced fare card. We too are out-of-state residents, but our state license was all that was required. Used it all the time.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. dylanfann

dylanfann Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Natural21, I appreciate the info. Good Luck to you as well! Looks like I will be leaving about the time you arrive. Have fun :beer:. PBR me ASAP :)

6. dylanfann

dylanfann Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks ddechenne. Glad to know all I need is my driver license. Going to the Bonneville Transit Center as soon as I get there. Card is good for 5 years correct?

7. Catzilla

Catzilla High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They also honor reduced fare transit cards from other places. Mine is from Oregon. If it is easier to get one through your local transit system, I would do that instead.

8. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My old fart card expired over 5 years ago, but I've never had a problem using it. I doubt it will work on a machine, but I only take the WAX these days anyway. Yep, just need a driver's license.

9. jack v

jack v Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not quite there yet, but i believe I've read here that many people just show their license to the driver and pay the reduced fair. Obviously that's not a guarantee as it would be driver dependent, perhaps they're more lenient with tourists?

10. robert m.

robert m. High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    About two years ago, I walked from DT to BTC and got a photo ID for reduced fare. It was good for 5 years. Free. I just showed them my Texas DL, which verified my age. They took my photo and handed me the card.

I had the card made at BTC because my previous card expired. The ticket vending machines would no longer accept it. With the new updated card, the TVMs will print out a 3 day reduced fare card for $10 (regular fare is $20 for 3 days).

• Like Like x 1