1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Rediscovering Vegas!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by PrarieLiving, Jun 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PrarieLiving

PrarieLiving Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hullo, I'm Anne! First, thank you for all the information while I was trolling; I finally got off my butt to join and hope to help others like I've been helped.

My husband (then fiancé) and I started going to Vegas in 99. We spent most of our time in Bellagio and got baby comps (cheap rooms, a few hundred off our bill.) We played slots, went out on the town and greatly enjoyed the Vegas experience for five or so years, 4-5 times a year.

Then life happened and we stopped. Went back twice from 04-16 but just for conferences.

And then we get to 2017. I'm going to be going out to Vegas for work 4-6x a year and had to do some face to face in mid-May. Stayed at the Aria (regular King) for a couple nights and quite enjoyed it. Saw La Reve, ate at the Wynn, gambled. Got to Pearl status (after a nice long talk about what the heck this mlife thing was) and left.

Decided to do a solo spur-of-the-moment trip a week after to MGM for a couple of nights to see if the glow had worn off. Stayed in a staywell King - saw Jabawockeez, ate at a few places, thoroughly enjoyed myself.

So then I went with my husband a few days ago. Stayed in a penthouse at the Bellagio. Got to Gold status and we are spitting distance from Platinum - the new cards and tiers and all that crud makes it easier, but the fun of comps is now gone and that makes me sad. Ate at Joel Rubochon for our anniversary and we both decided we like Vegas again.

It's new. There are new things to do. We are older and enjoying different activities. We have more money than when we were in our 20s. So much to learn - so much to figure out. Love this board and used it for all three trips.

My next one will be work and fun end of July. Hoping to stay in a Cypress suite @ Bellagio for a couple nights and then move to mgm (staywell exec king) for a week during a conference. Love the Bellagio, but thinking about finding a week's worth of fast meals and to'ing and fro' ing to the south strip during a conference? Nope.

Here to learn. Here to share. Thank y'all from sunny Colorado.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome to VMB!

3. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi Anne - Welcome to the board!

4. Ckspores

Ckspores Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome Anne-

BTW, just for the future on other (probably less-nice boards) you were lurking, not trolling!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Rodent Pack

Rodent Pack S.S. Minnow

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome!

That's the beauty of Vegas...always changing, not always for the best, but if you don't like it this year wait a year or two and there may be enough changes to love it again.

6. 93 Octane

93 Octane Chief bottle washer

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome!

7. amk121

amk121 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome!

8. bshowell

bshowell VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome to you!

9. Richard Alpert

Richard Alpert LOST

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Warmest of Welcomes to VMB! :D
    We're glad you're here!

Vegas is a great place to discover and rediscover again and again!

RICHARD

10. flyguyfl

flyguyfl VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome. God to hear you figured out he slot card thing and had your business help contribute to you fun. I wished I had done the same years ago when I went for business and usually stayed at the Hilton or Trop.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.