1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Red Rock Canyon without a car?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by waverunner, Mar 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. waverunner

waverunner ------VEGA$------

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have been going to Vegas from LA for many, many years. I always drove and/or rented a car, and always made the trip to my favorite place outside city limits to Red Rock Canyon (some of my dad's ashes are scattered throughout the Canyon). Since 2011, i can't drive or rent a car since my mild stroke, but i can do almost most of what i did before.
    Are there any tour buses or shuttles that will take you out there, like the loop? I realize it won't be the same as liked to hike and be independent, but i'll take anything to go back to the Canyon for a couple of hours.

2. atom

atom High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There's a company called Scoot City Tours that offers two-person converible scooter car tours of Red Rock Canyon, with pickup and drop off from downtown or the strip. Maybe you could contact them to see if you could go on one of the tours as a passenger. The website is http://scootcitytours.com/ Good luck!

3. waverunner

waverunner ------VEGA$------

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks. I am going solo on this trip but when i get to Vegas i will call to see if there's another passenger available. Maybe i'll find my future wife there..LOL.

4. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    IIRC - Grand Canyon Tour Company has a variety of Red Rock Tours including one at night to look at lights, a hummer tour, a mountain bike tour, etc. You might start looking there.

5. BC_ girl

BC_ girl Low-Roller

6. Busyman

Busyman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great thread. I was just there a couple weeks ago and would have gone on a tour vs driving myself.

I had no idea it would take me that long to get outta there.

Very nice spot and that's cool that some of your pop's ashes (RIP) are out there.

I'd like to do some serious hiking there but don't think I'd be able to budget the time for it.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.