1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Recommendations for getting party to separate hotels

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by RunningRam, Jul 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RunningRam

RunningRam Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Traveling at the end of the month as part of a group that has some staying at Mandalay Bay and others at Cosmopolitan. My flight has 1 group member going to each place. What's the best way to travel to the hotels? Would it be best to get 2 separate cabs? Rent a limo and have it make 2 stops? Will Uber or Lyft make multiple stops? Shuttles? While I don't want to spend anymore than necessary, money is not a limiting factor. Mainly don't want to waste a bunch of valuable gambling time.

Annual Memorial Day trip with the wife at my home away from home!
  2. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think the quickest and cheapest way would be to get 2 Lyft or Uber cars so neither group has to wait to stop at the other hotel to drop people off. I'm sure one driver could work something out to deliver both groups, but taking 2 cars would be quickest. Plus, you can check the sticky threads in this section for first ride discounts with both.

Cabs are an easy way to go. Take 2 and get there pretty quickly as long as you're not long hauled. Going to be a bit more expensive than ride sharing though.

Now, if the thought of stopping by the Vegas sign for pics or picking up some booze, etc is an option, I would look at getting a limo to drop both groups off. Still, it's going to take a little time to drop the first group off and would be more expensive, but it's a nice way to start off a Vegas trip, especially for newbies.

I'd skip the shuttles. It's going to run you about $10 per person and you may have to drop off at other hotels before getting to your's. No time or money savings there.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. RunningRam

RunningRam Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks - I haven't used Uber or Lyft in Vegas. Just two of us coming in on this flight. The others get in several hours earlier so they have separate arrangements.

Annual Memorial Day trip with the wife at my home away from home!
  4. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Two cabs. Two ubers.
    Adding stops takes time, for minimal savings.
    Get in and go. Done.

5. FYMYAWF

FYMYAWF VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You're in Vegas. Book a limo.

It's not that much more expensive than a cab, you'll be able to hang out with your crew on the way to the strip and you'll feel like a baller arriving at the resorts.

6. FullBoat

FullBoat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Look at the Belltrans shared limo. It's about $35/person, and that's for a round trip. If you have a few people, you'd all be in the same car/limo anyway.

7. simundo26

simundo26 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    just cab it, mandaly isnt far from aiport

8. KKB

KKB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    According to Rideguru.com, $12 Uber/Lyft & $24 taxi to Mandalay Bay. (Taxi Fare finder says $20-40)
    Cosmo maybe a buck more on Uber/Lyft, similarly on cab.
    2 Uber/Lyfts will be cheaper than anything else...that's the way it is these days...

9. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Plan A: Take separate ubers, get all your checking in done, meet up later.

Plan B (especially useful if you arrive prior to check in time): Uber to MB, bags to bell desk or check in to room 1 and leave bags there if late enough. Have fun/gamble at MB. Later both Uber to Cosmo with 1 guys bags and check in there and party.

10. bluesdude

bluesdude VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How many are in the group? This could determine what mode of transportation you take also. I am not sure Uber/Lyft handles large groups of people. With a limo, is it plausible to split the cost amongst all of you? That could be the way to go. Good Luck!!

Dead & Co with my son! June 4 or 5th - June 8th
  11. mdm4sfest

mdm4sfest VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you used UBER/LYFT and your friend(s) havent, send them your your referral code. That way he/she will get a free ride and then youll get money off your next ride.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.