1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Quiet Downtown Hotel Room

Discussion in 'Downtown Hotels' started by iluv2fish, Dec 28, 2019.

1. iluv2fish

iluv2fish Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have taken many Vegas trips over the years and for the last 12 years or so, we have only stayed downtown. We used to stay at the Golden Nugget and we never had any noise issues there. Our most recent trip was at the Downtown Grand. The room was perfectly fine, although it had a few quirks. The biggest issue was I was unable to sleep at night due to the noise from both Fremont St. and Hogs and Heifers. Noise canceling headphones did not help at all! We travel from the east coast and generally get up early by Vegas standards and we are not stay out all night and party people. I have read and heard many reports about noise becoming more and more of an issue downtown. So my question is this: Where are the quietest rooms downtown?

2. mikel123

mikel123 Not A Lawyer

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Rush Tower at Golden Nugget and the Suites at Golden Gate. Almost all of them have quieter options though as long as you ask at check-in - basically rooms that face away from the bands at FSE.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. K-9treatbaker

K-9treatbaker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Plaza- South tower. They have some very nice suites for a nice price.

The mini suite is really nice and very reasonable.

4. Elizakess

Elizakess Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You may want to look at some off strip properties as downtown is getting loud as they have upped the volume apparently. We were in the D and was surprised how loud the band was on a regular night.

5. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cabana Suites.

I had a problem once with south facing rooms at the Plaza south tower. People were hanging out on the top deck of the parking lot. This was at 4 am. I had to call security to get them to break it up. This happened for a couple of nights, guess some people felt they could hang out on the top deck of the parking lot. Unfortunately noise just reverberates against the walls.

6. tee6395

tee6395 Downtown Dreamer

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have never stayed anywhere at Plaza except the South Tower on the PH floor and for the first time ever - I was kept up by the bands and construction and throw in for good measure - the train! The 25th floor (PH) can only be had by certain players and if the noise is that pervasive that high up, I can't imagine what it's like on lower floors - or Gawd only knows what the North Tower is like! I bought a noise machine and am trying it out in February there. I've heard a number of people say how much the ones at DTG have made a difference. Fingers crossed!

Birthday Extravaganza!
    • Like Like x 1
  7. vegasvp

vegasvp Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've stayed in the Golden Nugget's Carson Tower facing south, several times and it was quiet. I'm getting really tired of the noise downtown though.

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. K-9treatbaker

K-9treatbaker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The noise downtown is really getting on my nerves.

Between the construction, the bands and the LOUD music inside of the D, my next trip is on the strip at Bally's.

I really liked the D, but cannot go in there anymore because of the loud music. I mean at 10:00 a.m. when it is blasting so loud, I cannot talk to my husband next to me, time to find another place. LOL

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. PlazaPoker

PlazaPoker Plaza Host

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I sent you a DM that might be able to help in your question. Look forward to hearing from you.

10. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

Which side of the Plaza were you facing? If you were in the south tower facing north then you would get the FSE noise and Circa construction. I stayed in a north facing room once before.....never again!

Normally the Plaza south tower rooms facing south are relatively quiet but I get better rates at MSS so I stay there.

• Like Like x 1
  11. tee6395

tee6395 Downtown Dreamer

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was in my fav suite #2507. Yes, one of the windows does face FSE. In the past, this hasn't been much of a problem. I'm not sure why it is now. Maybe the bands are louder? FSE shows louder? Construction and open air allowing noise to float higher/louder/farther? Whatever it is, it is terrible. I wish the folks that make decisions for the FSE would read the Vegas boards!

Birthday Extravaganza!
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. Bgoll279

Bgoll279 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is the number one reason I can't pull the trigger on a downtown stay. I don't want to risk several nights of no sleep.

I already face this every night at home with my snoring wife! I don't want it in Vegas too.

I listen to the guys from The D on VSIN all the time, and it seems they give players a fair chance, but I just don't see myself playing and stay with blaring music.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. vegasdev

vegasdev VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cabana suites are very quiet
    Downtown Grand has the thinnest walls ever. you can hear everything in the next room.

14. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Never had a problem with noise in the Rush Tower @ GN.

Back to Nomad for a longer stay
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. kkinwi

kkinwi VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not sure why you would not go back to the GN? I find Carson and Rush towers have very quiet rooms facing south.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. blissfulignoramus

blissfulignoramus Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I’ll just pipe in to point out that one should always be prepared for noise in Vegas. You might be able to prevent the street noise by picking the right room, but you can’t really pick your neighbors, or who is drunk and yelling in the hallway. Not to mention who is sleeping in the bed with you.

Always bring ear plugs.

Close all curtains. The curtains will not only block light, but they will absorb some noise too, especially the heavy blackout curtains you get in many Vegas hotels, that help keep the room cool.

Tee mentioned a noise machine. There are also apps you can get for your phone, just bring a portable Bluetooth speaker to make it loud enough. Or you can turn the clock radio on and set it between AM stations for white noise.

If it’s close by FSE band noise that’s the problem, these solutions will only go so far because you might actually be feeling the bass in addition to hearing it. But that’s not going to be an issue on a higher floor, I don’t think.

Of course, what works for me is to drink enough that I can sleep through anything, but obviously that’s not for everyone.

• Like Like x 1
  17. SMG

SMG High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven't stayed at the El Cortez, but someone recommended their suites when I mentioned that I was reluctant in staying downtown due to the noise from Fremont St.

Personally, I can tolerate street/band noise and noisy neighbors up to a certain degree, since I have a habit of sleeping with the TV on which can drown out some of the annoying noises. Although, I probably couldn't tolerate the booming/thumping base from the music every night without turning into a zombie by the end of my trip.

18. philvie

philvie Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A quiet downtown hotel room? I don't think there is such a thing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. blissfulignoramus

Trips to Las Vegas:
    TBH, I enjoy coming back to one of the high floor suites on Plaza late on a Friday/Saturday night, opening the curtains and seeing the view facing FSE, and hearing the faint sounds of the music and the buzz of revelry in the distance. It reminds me of where I am and how much fun I’m having. I love finishing off a long day of good times by hanging out in the room with my friends and looking out the window with a nightcap. The inevitable discussion is... who’s going to sleep and who’s ready to go back out for another round?

• Like Like x 1
  20. blissfulignoramus

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And it’s not loud enough to be bothersome.