1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Quick Weather Question

Discussion in 'Living in Sin (City that is)' started by Rhaethe, Feb 9, 2018.

1. Rhaethe

Rhaethe Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey all!

Was not quite sure where to put this, but figured this was a decent spot.

So. I live in the Metro Atlanta, GA area, and it has been chilly and rainy for a good bit. And today I thought, "Ahhhhh, next week I shall be where it is warm and dry!" and I idly check the forecast in Las Vegas for next week ... and it is forecast to be chilly and rainy. All week. What the ever living hell. :eek: :(

I have only been to Las Vegas once before, for work in August. Realistically, how changeable is the weather forecast in Las Vegas? When it rains, is it an all day affair? Is the higher humidity where you can feel the damp cling to you even inside?

~C

2. loonytoony

loonytoony VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When you are inside in Vegas you have no idea what the weather is outside

3. UKFanatic

UKFanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I guess its all relative, but Vegas weather next week is predicted to have temps in the sixties and only a small chance of rain over a few days. Not what I would call rainy or chilly.

But to answer the OP questions, I have rarely felt any humidity, even when it rains in vegas (and nothing compared to ATL). I have never had a rain in vegas last more than a few hours, but rain clouds will usually linger all day

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Rhaethe

Rhaethe Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

Ahhh, true on the relativity. Here in the ATL, if the forecast predicts even a small chance of rain, it will very likely rain, and a formerly glorious temperature of mid-60 then becomes this grey ugly chill. All day. Where you feel damp and wet even if it is not raining. 60's on a sunny day here is not bad :)

So the desert dry is still in play, regardless, then. That is good to know, and the logical part of my brain reasoned that out, but it is good to hear from those who have had boots on the ground, so to speak :)

~C

5. mdm4sfest

mdm4sfest Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Weird you ask such a question as I was going to ask the same one. I will be there Feb 17-21 and it will be low 70s so far which to Cleveland people, is 1000 degrees currently. Not sure if its "shorts worthy" or if I should just wear jeans my entire time. Will only have a book bag so maybe someone who has been to Vegas when its been 70 can assist...shorts or no shorts?

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. UKFanatic

UKFanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hear ya. Let me be clear, if it rains, the air is not desert dry. But its not anywhere near the humidity that pops up when it rains in Atlanta

• Like Like x 1
  7. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've seen it snow in Las Vegas at least twice that I remember.

I am not a meteorologist (my dad was, MHRIP) but one thing I picked up is that the day to day weather is subject to a lot of variance. They can now predict things like weekly trends much better than when I was younger.

You can say that Las Vegas will be hot to very hot in the summer and cool but not cold in the winter and there will be exceptions. This past trip over the holidays was the first time in many years that I remember it was uncomfortably cold outside. It was too cold for any photo walk type of things.

I've seen it horrendously hot in the summer ("but it's a dry heat!" yeah, and so's a blast furnace) some times and comfortably warm other times. It all depends. :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Miller12pack

Miller12pack High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mdm, wear your jeans on the plane, but pack at least one pair of shorts.

9. mdm4sfest

mdm4sfest Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I figured at worst I will at least pack one pair. I will be jonesing just to put something that isnt pants..

10. pebbles

pebbles VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dry cold is definitely better than wet cold. It will be a dry cold in Las Vegas. In comparison to most paces anyway.

11. birdman925

birdman925 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We are from Sandusky and will be there from the 18th to the 21st. The Vegas weather forecast looks good to me.

12. mdm4sfest

mdm4sfest Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We will know who each other is by looking at our pale arms/legs in shorts and tanks.

13. TomTWI

TomTWI Professional Grandpa

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Shorts

14. Rick K

Rick K Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, by all means bring shorts. It's easier for us to keep track of who the tourists are that way. :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. mdm4sfest

mdm4sfest Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ohhh, Im def whoring out my legs at least this coming Sunday. Mon/Tues look like low 60s/high 50s which is disappointing.

16. Rhaethe

Rhaethe Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, we are here ... and it is lovely :)

At The Henry, finishing breakfast, about to go roam. A single light jacket, and we are good to go :)

17. AceOfVegas

AceOfVegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What we looking at Rhae? We went 2 weeks ago and enjoyed balmy upper fifties all the way up to low 70s weather.

18. Rhaethe

Rhaethe Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mid fifties, but sunny. Light breeze. Some clouds, but the pretty white ones :)

• Like Like x 1
  19. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tonight's forecast: Dark! Turning dark to moderately light toward morning. :)

• Funny Funny x 1