1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Quick trip to the local today!

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Trip Reports' started by Its Only Money, Mar 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Its Only Money

Its Only Money VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

So today was the first day of MACtion at the Q and my Zips had the noon game. The logical thing to do is take the afternoon off and head to the arena and watch some basketball. I'm the only one in my crew who has logic and I decided I was going to go it alone. Sometimes being a grownup sucks you just can't do whatever you want, or so my friends tell me. On the ride over I took my Zips giving the 4.5, got to the arena and found my seat. As the Zips have been wont to do all season they started out slow. Quickly they were down by 6 and I thought I might have been bad luck. They righted things and started to pull away late in the first only to give up a bad few possessions to end the half leading by only 3. The second half looked more like the Zips of the middle of the season when they won about 13 in a row. They pulled away and won by 17! My ticket parking and concessions were paid for. Two wins and it's not even 2:30 yet!

I thought I'd stick around and scout the next game a little. Well it really only was a little, the siren's song of the Jack next door was calling my name. I watched maybe the first 5 minutes of the Ball Stae v Western Michigan matchup before I called it a day. The Jack wasn't too busy, why would it be midday on a Thursday? I was able to get right on a table and held my buyin until a seven out. The table was choppy at best, I was able to stem the losses on a pressed up horn high 12 and pressed hard 10. I had the 12 up to 40 and the ten got 50. My rolls were not impressive, I PSO on one and hit a couple numbers without hitting a point on another. After about an hour I decided to get a real meal and take a break. There was a guy at the table that sort of annoyed me too. Not really sure what it was about him but oh well. Cashed in up 20, that will pay for my meal. Went across the street for a burger and the view at the Tilted Kilt. Pretty dead in there, but again it was late afternoon on a Thursday, what does one expect.

After I ate I was trying to decide if I should just get in the car and head home or hit the tables one more time. I'm here telling the story so I probably didn't go home, I'm glad I didn't. Got on the same table I was on before. Only one remaining player from before, same crew which was nice because they new my bets. I got the dice after a couple up and down shooters and continued the erratic rolls. Not much was going on. When the dice got to be two away from me again I started to ration my stack so I could roll one more time before going home. Good decision because he PSO. Next shooter fared only slightly better. So it was up to me to either felt myself or make a little money. I set the 4 and I was off. I decided what the hell and put it all out there. I went $54 across, $50 behind and $10/$2 on the hard 4. That left me with $4 so I just added to my odds. Next roll was a soft 4, so I wasn't going to felt myself at least. Things got better, i proceeded to hit the 6, 8, and 9 without any repeat points. Then I hit the 4 and 9 again. I set the 5 and the hit it on the next or third roll. The Jack has the fire bet so we were at 5 points made, there were 3 of us on it for $5 and I had the dealers on for 1. I needed the 10, next point is set as the 10. Can I make it, should I lay the 10? No and hindsight says yes, next roll is a seven. I didn't hedge, I never do. They take a little time to pay us out so I play the next shooter too, he was a pretty quick out, I got paid the 250/1 and color up. A tidy little profit of 5xs my buyin.

I went through the points quickly. None of my numbers were pressed up more than $50 and I am a liberal presser. I was playing full odds behind, 10xs, after I hit a couple points. It was all pretty quick for a five pointer. So I haven't decided if I should go to tomorrow's games or not. We'll see how the day goes. I've already deposited half in the bank and half in the safe that holds the Vegas bankroll. Hopefully the Zips madness continues!!

• Like Like x 2
  2. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice run on the fire bet!

3. Richard Alpert

Richard Alpert LOST

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good times close to home for you--
    and a nice addition to the Vegas bankroll! :thumbsup:
    Thanks for the report!

RICHARD