1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Quick Fundraiser for a Memorial Paver for GREGRIO

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Sonya, Dec 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Some of the old timers here on VMB will fondly remember GREGRIO. He was a member here for some time and and endless source of fantastic information, especially information on shows. His passing hit many of us here very hard. I still have one of his old show threads as a sticky in the Shows & Entertainment section, because I can't bring myself to delete it.

@Lori R contacted me today to say that she is putting together a fundraiser to get a Paver on the Promenade for him at the Neon Museum. https://www.neonmuseum.org/support-us/electric-promenade-paver-program

Nobody loved Vegas as much as Greg did and I think it would be a wonderful gift to give back to him for all he gave to us.

I'm asking people to donate to VMB for the paver and I will match each donation up to $200 total and send it on to Lori R. If VMBers can donate a total of $200, with my match, Lori R will have enough to order the paver.

Let's make this happen!

Total Matched Donation, so far: $400.00!!

Last edited: Dec 28, 2018
    • Love Love x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  2. ronc

ronc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What is the best way to make a donation?

3. ardee

ardee It's only money.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Will do! Is there a deadline date?

4. Lori R

Lori R Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven't set a deadline but he passed in February so I'm hoping to maybe try to get something done by then but that's not critical. I understand that sometimes people come out of the holidays on a budget so I didn't want to push.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The best way is to go to the main page of the forum https://www.vegasmessageboard.com/forums/ and use the PayPal Donate button you will find on the top of the Right column on a desktop, or at the bottom of the page if you're on a phone or tablet.

If you already have a PayPal account you can use it to transfer some funds to me. If you don't have a PayPal account, you can donate with a credit card without registering for an account.

I don't know. I'd like to do it pretty quickly. Let's see where we are by the end of the day on 12/31/18. Once Lori hits her $520 goal, she doesn't want any further donations.

• Like Like x 1
  6. ronc

ronc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks...and done...

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  7. mescalita

mescalita old and in the way...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great idea - thanks to both Lori and Sonya!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm going to add a tally that I'll update to the first post so people know where we are with donations. I'm going to put the matched total.

9. nhcris

nhcris VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What a thoughtful way to honor Gregrio, who was such an important part of this community.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As of this morning, I've received donations of $130 and matched them to $260. That's fantastic!

I'd love it if we could get another $70 in donations today so I could send Lori enough money to purchase the paver for GREGRIO.

11. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And just like that, we are done! I just met the goal of raising $200 from VMBers and I'll match another $200 to put Lori R over the top. Once I send the money, she should have enough to get a paver for GREGRIO.

Thank you all for helping make this happen. :nworthy: :clap:

• Love Love x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Mitkraft

Mitkraft VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just saw this thread. What an awesome tribute! The Neon Museum is such an great place and just screams “Vegas” so this is a perfect thing to do for a consummate Vegas fan!

• Agree Agree x 4
  13. Lori R

Lori R Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    To all of you. I don't have enough words to say the kind of thank you that needs to be said. Having known Greg, a you all did, and having had the pleasure of meeting him, his loss hit me very hard. I know so many of you were impacted as well. He was such a treasure to all the forums to which he belonged. He didn't have a wife and children who will carry on his legacy so what better way than to give him permanent residence in LV. Having said that, you guys wiped out any chance for forum members on other sites to contribute--it's a good kind of problem--so, in the interest of transparency, I'm going to keep it open another 2 weeks or so to give those "other folks" a chance to contribute and then I will supplement up to $1,000. At $1,000, you don't just get a paver stone in the promenade--you get a paver stone near the Elvis star that used to be on the sidewalk in front of The Riv. I think he would have loved that and what I like about it is that it will be easy for all of us to find when we visit! Again, thank you from the bottom of a very grateful heart.

• Love Love x 8
    • Like Like x 3
  14. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm happy to forward on any other VMB donations for the next two weeks. Just put a note in your donation it's for GREGRIO.

Or send me a PM and I can send you direct to Lori.

Please keep us posted, @Lori R.

• Like Like x 2
  15. westie

westie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hugs and kisses to Lori, Sonya and everyone who has contributed. I am sure Greg is up there smiling.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Pea

Pea Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I remember Greg from another board, he was always so helpful and kind, and he sure loved his shows. :angel: what a nice remembrance.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Lori R

Lori R Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I should mention that there wasn't much response from other sources so I stayed with the $500 stone and I gave Sonya back part of her match. I think it looks very nice. I've asked Neon Museum for a site map that they could maybe annotate to show where the stone is in relation to the whole property. They've been helpful and responsive so we shall see. Thanks again to all who donated.

Promenade Location.jpg greg paver stone.jpg

• Love Love x 12
    • Like Like x 4
  18. julia

julia Craps, VP & Microbews

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ...I just used that show thread to figure out the best seats for a Cirque show...rest in peace!

Lunar New Year Trip
    Belated 21st bday trip for the kiddo! Finally! Fingers crossed!
    • Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  19. ardee

ardee It's only money.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    His Vegas legacy lives on. A beautiful thing to behold.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. westie

westie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you Lori, Sonya and all those that contributed to his memorial. I relied on Greg for show advice as so many others did and the times we met him were always a highlight of our Las Vegas trips.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.