1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Question about Southwest credit card

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by jamesxnj, Feb 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jamesxnj

jamesxnj VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am considering signing up for the card and getting the 50,000 miles asap (As soon as I get the card in the mail,say I apply today mid Feb.or last week of Feb. to get the charges in to cover the $2000)

Fine print states allow 8 weeks to be credited to your account.

My question is, Is that the actual time frame on this or has anyone got the credit faster?

I would like to do a LV trip for the Kentucky Derby but that is the first week of May but at 8 weeks that would be cutting it too close to book at still a reasonable price with flights even available.

Anyone remember how fast your miles were credited??

Thanks for any help here.James

2. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    After the $2,000 is charged, the miles go in on the next statement. I opened a business card in Nov and charged the $2,000 by mid December. Miles went in January.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If I recall, they do not post until your bill close date. It NEVER matters when you actually pay.

You might get some data on the Southwest section of flyertalk.com

EDIT - your earned miles post quickly. I think the bonus also posts if you earned them by the close date.

4. grosx2

grosx2 Have fun storming the castle!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    With Chase cards, bonuses typically post after the statement period in which the threshold was hit ends, as long as you hit it at least a week or so before the close of the billing cycle.

So depending on timing, it can be possible to see bonuses hit your account within a couple weeks after hitting the spend requirement.

5. jamesxnj

jamesxnj VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the replies!

6. Mr. Politics

Mr. Politics Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you cancel the card after getting the mileage bonus and then apply for another card about two years later can you get the bonus again?

7. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I believe they have four cards total, two business, two personal. I am not sure the timeline on getting the 50k points again one a specific card, but you can IMMEDIATELY get the second 50k points if you open the two different personal cards. (then you can cancel on or keep open, whatever you choose.) This is a great way to get the companion pass. A VMBer turned us onto this, we did it, and it worked great!

On the personal cards, one is a "plus" and the other is "premier". Pretty similar, one just has different foreign transactions fees. You CAN cash in on the 50k on both.

If you get 50k close enough in timelines, you then are eligible for the companion pass. (So timing in the year is big thing. "Here’s why it can be so valuable to earn the Companion Pass early in the year: The pass is valid for the rest of the year in which you earn it plus the entire following year. That means that you could get nearly two years of use out of it by meeting the requirements in early 2017."
    http://thepointsguy.com/2017/01/earn-southwest-companion-pass-2017/)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.