1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Question about Maintaining Identity Tiers at Cosmo

Discussion in 'Comps' started by YOleven, Apr 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YOleven

YOleven Tourist

Hi everyone.

Back in July 2016, I achieved Sterling tier at Cosmo. I don't recall the exact date (I'll have to check my notes), but for the sake of discussion, let's say that I achieved Sterling on July 15, 2016, at which point I locked in Sterling status through July 15, 2017. At that point, July 15 became my Sterling anniversary date, and to maintain Sterling status, I'd need to earn another 4,000+ tier points between July 16, 2016 and July 15, 2017 to extend my Sterling status another year.

I visited Cosmopolitan again in November 2016, and I did end up earning a little over 4,000 tier points during my visit. I checked with the Identity desk, and they verified that on account of my tier points earned this trip, my Sterling status was now good through July 15, 2018.

I'm planning another trip to Vegas for May or June, but I'm curious as to whether any play at Cosmo during my trip would help contribute to locking in Sterling for yet another year (through 2019). Since my anniversary date is July 15, my guess is that in order to lock in Sterling through July 15, 2019, I would need to earn 4,000+ points between July 15, 2017 and July 15, 2018. In that case, my guess is that any play during my trip in May or June wouldn't contribute to locking in Sterling through 2019. Am I missing something, or am I understanding this correctly?

Cosmo has been pretty good with two-night comp offers and free play offers since I achieved Sterling, and although I don't play for comps, I enjoy staying and playing at Cosmo anyway and would like to maintain Sterling down the road. As such, I'm just trying to be mindful of the earning periods. On the other hand, I earned around 14,000 tier points total during my July and November 2016 visits (around 9,000 from machine play, plus an additional 5,000 from resort spending), so I suppose there's a chance that I could earn another 6,000 in May or June and bump myself up to Gold.

Thanks to anyone who can help!

2. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Since you already earned 4,000 TCs since July 2016, when your anniversary date comes around in July 2017, you will at least renew Sterling through 2018. However, any additional TCs you earn between now and July 15, 2017 are counting towards potentially advancing your tier to Gold (or Platinum). They will not help you extend your Sterling tier into 2019.

• Informative Informative x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.