1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Question about Daybed/Cabana at Luxor

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Tamaska, Mar 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tamaska

Tamaska Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hello all, my first post :)

I have an upcoming trip at the Luxor and I had thought I would try to book a daybed for my friends and I however I'm seeing a lot of different information about it all over. Many people are talking about minimum spending and such but I don't see anything about that on the booking page (https://cabanas.mgmresorts.com/en.html)

I was also not sure about how this whole thing works, it says I need to be there between 9:00 and 10:00 am. Do I have the reservation for the whole day after that? Can I leave and come back whenever I want as long as I get there before 10:00?

Any help with this is much appreciated

Thanks in advance,

Tamaska

2. Slidey1

Slidey1 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The cabanas are cool, when we went last year we’d booked a day bed and when I went to check in they said the site wasn’t updated and they didn’t even have that type of bed available, (I had prepaid) so we got a cabana comped. Nothing too fancy but fans, misters, couches and better pool chairs is pretty nice. From what I recall they’re all a few yards walk on only cement to the water.

The way it works is you’ll check in with staff before 10am, and they’ll walk you to what’s available and you can choose one. Then it’s yours until the pool closes that day. There’s no minimum spend required that I’m aware of. Enjoy!

3. Laugh

Laugh VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've only gotten cabanas at the Aria, but it's still an MGM resort. There is no minimum spending. However, if you're at the pool all day, I can't see that happening. Remember, you can't bring outside food or drinks and they check bags. I have seen people go back to their room and come back with a towel over their hydro flask which is full of alcohol (most likely). You do have to arrive by the time they say, 10am. But you do get the reservation all day. I don't think you can leave the cabana at noon and come back at like 3. It's like getting bottle service at a club, if you leave and all your alcohol is gone, they will clean the table and get someone else to spend money there. All depends on how busy it is and how long you're gone for.

4. fugsworth

fugsworth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There are a couple MGM properties that do minimum spend, but Luxor isn't one of them-- straight rental rate.

5. bshowell

bshowell VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As everyone said, there's no minimum spend. You check in at the front and they give you a wristband so then you're free to go in and out at will til "closing." We actually checked in and left to go eat breakfast then came back. At Luxor, they actually gave us a choice of where we might want to go (same with Aria, too, now that I think about it).

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.