1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Question about cancelling MyVegas comp room

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by NickG, Mar 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NickG

NickG Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a couple questions about what happens if I buy a MyVegas room reward, actually make the reservation, and later wish to cancel it.

I assume I will not get the LPs back once the reservation is made.
    However, will it still count against my max 4 premium rewards?
    Also, would I be able to buy and reserve a different MyVegas room reward to use on a different day in the same 30-day period?

2. B T

B T ‍♂️

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe contacting playstudios for this since there has yet to be a response. I know for sure the MyVegas Facebook groups would know too.

I think it would count against your premium rewards because you technically redeemed the reward via the game and booked the room regardless if you cancelled. The cancelling of the room is between you and MGM. I can be wrong however and maybe there is a way playstudios (MyVegas game developer) can reverse it so it doesn't count as a premium reward used.

3. JJLV

JJLV High-Roller

Frozen Tundra. Desert dream died with him.
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think it shall be a bit fluid for a while. News happened today and I am thinking there will be more affecting vacations everywhere and they will have to be more understanding and generous with cancellations and so on.

4. herder

herder Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did you find out? I also have a room for April. With no sports on no point if me going now.

I was wondering if there is any way to get the credits back as my comp night is already booked. If not I should probably wait and see if they may allow it in the near future.

Should I email my Vegas?

5. mlaine55

mlaine55 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have had this happen in the past. I contacted Play Studios, and while I could not get the loyalty points back, they did fix it so that it did not count against my 4 premium rewards. I hope this helps,

6. donfairplay

donfairplay VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There's a 5 LP cost reward on the front section of the rewards page on facebook. It lets you refund your points back for cancelled rewards. Perhaps it applies to rooms? You may have to contact Myvegas, but I'm pretty sure with the cancellations going on, there's a decent shot at a points refund.

I'm pretty sure this is meant for the cruises and the buffets. It might apply to rooms.

7. NickG

NickG Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I sent a message to MyVegas support asking them if they would refund my points if I cancelled my reservation due to coronavirus concerns. They responded that they would refund the points given the exceptional situation if I sent them a screenshot of the cancellation. I did send this screenshot and haven’t heard back yet, but it’s been less than a day.

• Like Like x 1
  8. BarelyHangingOn

BarelyHangingOn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There are a number of people on Reddit that have reported the same. I imagine they are going to be flooded with requests and will get to them in due time.

9. NickG

NickG Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It appears I did just get this refunded to me.

• Like Like x 1
  10. killswamper23

killswamper23 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    normally they'd let you change the date as long as it was a date to before the expiration but with corona they'll probably refund the lps

11. VegasJuan

VegasJuan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I contacted PlayStudios last night for a full refund on an already redeemed hotel room award and a cirque show that was cancelled. They got back to me within 24 hours and gave me a full refund of all LPs used.

• Informative Informative x 3
  12. DsqrdDGD909

DsqrdDGD909 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How did you contact them? e-mail, phone, online? I have the same issue for a reservation in May.

13. VegasJuan

VegasJuan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Go to the Playstudios website and fill out the contact form. If you have things you've cancelled like shows or hotel reservations, attach screenshots to get your situation resolved quicker.

• Like Like x 2
  14. JasonFirstTimer

JasonFirstTimer Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Any idea what happens if you redeem and book, and the travel restrictions are not lifted by then? Do you get the LP back, or is it lost? I read the T&C here, but it doesn't really specify. Planning for end of June.

15. VegasJuan

VegasJuan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They might refund you automatically. If not just contact Playstudios.

16. M_ILIS

M_ILIS VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got an email from them the other day and I think they should be applauded for this approach: All the rewards I had used for a trip that was supposed to start this coming weekend have been returned to my myVEGAS Wallet with the "use by" dates extended until the end of August. I was so happy so I don't have to try to get some of the hard-to-get rewards again.

• Love Love x 1
  17. NotFromConcentrate

NotFromConcentrate It’s a Cassowary :)

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can confirm that I got 250,000 LPs refunded yesterday for my late April MyVegas booking at the Bellagio, which obviously would have been impossible to happen since the hotel is closed.

Bellagio had already cancelled my reservation for me. All I had to do is fill out a support ticket for MyVegas with my original redemption number (from MyVegas), and a screenshot from the MLife reservation page showing the booking was cancelled. Easy as could be.

Jul 17 to ??? - Amtrak from Chicago to AZ... Laughlin, Vegas & More!
  18. M_ILIS

M_ILIS VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just noticed all of these rewards are now removed from my wallet and I believe I got refunded the loyalty points. What a disappointment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.