1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Question about back end comps

Discussion in 'Comps' started by jtf, Jul 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jtf

jtf Low-Roller

I am really new to this. I went to Vegas a couple of times over 20 years ago with my family. I went back two years ago, stayed cheap (Excalibur) for 5 days and based on info I read on this forum I introduced myself to a host while I was there. I had two rooms and he comped one of them mid-trip and comped the other one (refunded the charge on my credit card) when I got home.

Now I get offers from Mlife. Most are for Excalibur or Luxor, though one offer is for either 3 nights at Excalibur or 2 nights at Bellagio. Seems kind of odd.

I am going back August 1. This will be my first experience in Vegas with a comp offer. I will be staying at Luxor for five nights. The first two nights are on a MyVegas reward on my son's account. The last three nights are on a comp offer (Mlife site) on my account. Then we will be moving to the Flamingo.

I have already learned enough from this Board to know that I need to have a certain level of play on my comped nights before asking for back end comps. But my question is, when considering back end comps, will they consider my play for all 5 days? Or will they just consider my play for the three comped days - the days the room is in my name (as far as back end comps go)?

My son doesn't gamble. I was also wondering if I should use his card, instead of mine, the first two days to see if it generates any offers for him.

2. easy_money

easy_money High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When dealing with COMPs, your play for the 5 days would/should count towards the back-end, but you only have to play off room of 3 days that's under your name for any warranted back-end comps. Many people use other peoples cards. Easier to do on slots than table games though. But does your son go to Vegas enough or planning to go again shortly? If not, then there's no reason to as his room is MyVegas reward, and it would also take away your play from your account, which might contribute to better offers for yourself in the future.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. jtf

jtf Low-Roller

Thanks! That is helpful to know. My son will generally go to Vegas with me, as Vegas has many things to do besides gamble. I had just been thinking if we each got an offer, that would be great for the next trip. But I plan on getting into the Total Rewards system this time. Since I am fine with lower level properties and not looking for huge comps, I will hopefully be able to put together the next trip with an Mlife offer, a Total Rewards offer, and MyVegas.

We actually have 10 days planned this trip. 5 at Luxor (comped through Mlife and MyVegas), 2 nights in Los Angeles area, and then 3 nights at the Flamingo (paid).

Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.