Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by LVRaiders, Aug 2, 2020.
I might pay 5K for lifetime immunity to any type of virus you can catch lol
That wasn't the original question, but if I could pay five grand for lifetime immunityI I would too.
Bad me. Followed a segue. It's like a squirrel or something blingy.
I wrote a long post a while back on how to fix Vegas, It was heartfelt. I think that until Vegas latches on to what is unique, that someone else is not duplicating, then no one is going to pay for it the way they would for a year ago.
Here's what is unique and what isn't
1. Gambling - can be done anywhere with better odds and treatment at local casino
2. Gambling in Big hotels, go to Orlando, they are all resort style, then jump on a boat
3. Experiences - Cirque travels, concerts, so does all the TopGolf and Skydiving stuff. Ziplines are everywhere.
What is unique ~~Things that only exist in Vegas
1. Fremont Street - there is not that anywhere else. Not in Reno, not locally.
2. Desert - People like that feeling, I would capitalize on that.
3. Sin. (I'll leave it to your imagination)
4. Performers that don't travel - Brittany
5. Unusual stylish places, like Tiki Bars, and cultural things like Mob Museum/Neon Museum.
6. Weirdly getting married. I'm married, people aren't doing this as much, but it can come back.
Folks, they want Westworld except less violence and dangerous robots. They don't want to think too much. They want to walk up, not have to hike. Smaller places, less thinking, unique experiences that cannot be done elsewhere. That I would pay for. Not the overpriced, gaslighting $30 drinks made of Titos….of the strip from a year ago. We know its supposed to be expensive, we also know a bait and switch too. No thank you.
Its about time for another Hangover-like movie or slogan too...and no sequels please.
'Fraid not. Vegas is nice, just not that nice. I reckon is has to do with where you are on the Vegas Love spectrum. After our last trip, we put a lot of other places ahead of Vegas on the to-do list. It was indeed fun for the price, but I don't miss it enough to pay double to do the same stuff I always did.
Nope. If I can't get comped or rooms paid with reward points and mostly free food, I'm not going. The difference would be my BR. I was going 3-5 times a year, so if I only go once I will likely increase my BR a little. Not 3-5 times, maybe double, although chances are I would not spend it. I've trained to pace myself so when I lose I don't come home feeling too stupid. Not sure I can break out of that mold.
Someday this may change. Most people probably don't spent $1000 a month on stray animals they've accumulated. As that cost dwindles, maybe someday I'll have more money than I know what to do with. When that happens I may advance from a no roller to a barely rolling roller. Still not going to pay double though.
This damn town is expensive enough with regular prices, never mind double.
I voted for both choices since it was allowed and I'm ambivalent about the question.
Separate names with a comma.