1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Propane fire tables

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by broncofn, Oct 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a propane fire table (15,000 btu's) and I would like to use it on my patio under my deck which is tevex besides the wood posts. Is that safe to do? I used to have it on my deck but moved it down to the patio for the fall season but worried about using it under my deck.

This is the one I am using http://www.walmart.com/ip/Bronze-48-LP-Gas-Fire-Pit-with-Round-Corners/21081534

Mods, please move this to non-Vegas chat

2. joaks

joaks desert tortoise

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are you worried about heat on the bottom of the deck or carbon monoxide? Is tevex a lattice? If so, monoxide wouldn't be a concern.

15000 btu is fairly small for heat output. How high is the bottom of the deck? Unless there's plastic or vinyl that could melt, or something ignitable on top..... I wouldn't be to concerned.

3. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Some would say asking for serious advice on the internet is crazy. I would not agree with that.

But, I would not go to a Quilting forum to ask questions about comps in vegas, or a woodworking site to ask about room rates in Vegas.

I would think there are some good fireplace sites out there with folks that can help.

Just sayin.

Okay, I will answers. I would guess that the bottom of the deck is further away from the heat than you, your chair or other items. If they would not catch fire, then the bottom of the deck should be fine. I would not cook anything that could flame up (like my posts) on it though. Or, if the deck is 10 ft away, and you put a piece of much more flammable paper on a chair a few feet away, would it catch fire? Pretty sure not.

So,not sure how solid wood would catch fire.

4. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thnx, you both answered my questions. I think my concerns had to do more with wood burning fire pits but had me questioning the propane ones.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.