1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Prince vs Michael Jackson what do you say??

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by rooster42000, Apr 25, 2020.

1. vegascurley

vegascurley Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    my wife and I vote for prince..she is crazy about him. We saw Prince 3 times. The first time I saw him I wasn't a huge fan but after about a 20 minute purple rain oncore I was totally amazed at his guitar playing. We saw Prince at the Rio during his 3121 days. Stood in line a few hours to get up close. Prince threw a 3121 towel into the group which a snagged and kept under my shirt with my arms folded over it. If I lost that towel I would be divorced now..lol. Also I able to catch a guitar pick also. I made a shadow box with both items along with our ticket stubs and concert info. It is my wifes most cherished piece of memorabilia.

• Like Like x 5
  2. runningonthehub

runningonthehub High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Starting as a kid with the Jackson Five gives Michael a bit of an edge for longevity. Prince was without a doubt one of the best guitarists in the business. It is close but, I have to give Prince the nod. I cannot imagine Michael singing--"Hot, Sticky and Wet". Little Red Corvette is one of my favorite songs.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Glenn357M

Glenn357M High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will pick prince because he had a lot fewer run ins with the law

• Love Love x 1
  4. rooster42000

rooster42000 Brady # 1

Trips to Las Vegas:
    True.

5. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Prince. MJ did have a longer career but Prince released so much more music. And he did so many more genres of music - pop, rock, R&B, soul, jazz, New Wave and blues. I felt there were many periods in MJs career where he was chasing hits where Prince was just putting it all out there.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. mr.vegas

mr.vegas Peace sells, but who's buying?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Prince, but I'm from Minnesota so that explains that. Personally would not have gone to free concert of either one just not my type of music.

• Like Like x 1
  7. NYNYGirl

NYNYGirl VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Never saw either perform live :cry:But have plenty of both of their music.

If I have to choose I would say MJ all the way. Smooth natural dance moves. And great music and videos.

But both were phenomenal musicians.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Patrick

Patrick Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've always preferred Michael to Prince. I felt Michael was the better performer of the two and had the better voice and dance moves. Besides I feel he was the better Humanitarian of the two.

There was a Michael vs Prince? Poll on another website and a fan of Prince wrote,"I always preferred Prince to Michael. Even during Thrillermania, when most people were going gaga over Michael, I still liked Prince better. Prince actually helped to start many other Musicians and Singers Careers whereas Michael didn't and wasn't freaky like Michael was. The freakiest thing Prince did was change his name to a Symbol and that was to make a stand against The Music Industry." Michael while really talented, his bizarre persona was really off putting to me."

I (Patrick)personally can agree to disagree.

Last edited: May 2, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  9. JJLV

JJLV High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Even though not quite as amazing as Prince and MJ I do believe the cosmos got together with MJ and Prince and out came Bruno Mars. Outstanding talent in these 3 men. Prince rules though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Headache 21

Headache 21 Low-Roller

As Chris Rock said... Prince won.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Patrick

Patrick Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bruno Mars seems like Michael Jr, especially in his Uptown Funk," Song and video. :)

Last edited: May 2, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. MaxStacks

MaxStacks Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Prince.

Sometimes I can separate the art from the artist. With MJ, I can't. Too disturbing.

Vegas!
    • Like Like x 1
  13. ajdj

ajdj Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If we judged music based on the personal lives of the artists then there wouldn’t be much out there to listen to. It seems highly talented artists are all flawed in one way or another.

The MJ scandal is one that’s unlikely to ever go away. I realised a few weeks ago that I’d subconsciously stopped listening to his music as a result of that and have since started listening again.

Counting down to my first Wynn stay
    • Like Like x 1