1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Priceline for rental car?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Italladdsup, Jun 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Italladdsup

Italladdsup Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Has anyone tried priceline for a rental car in Vegas? The prices are just not coming down for my week in July.

2. Ally Vegas

Ally Vegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yup! $140 for 10 days and 2 level upgrade. Just as easy as booking direct.

3. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had an existing reservation with Dollar one trip, but kept checking Hotwire to see if they could beat the price I already had. I would check Hotwire then use the rate from there to low ball a bid on Priceline. Leading up to the trip, my existing reservation had the better rate, but I checked the day of arrival and the rate dropped dramatically on Hotwire. Knowing that Hotwire had a better rate in case a Priceline bid wasn't accepted, I gave Priceline another lowball rate and it was accepted. Saved over $200 on the rental.

Just make sure that you have a free to cancel backup reservation before trying to bid, just in case you can't find a better rate.

4. wanker751

wanker751 Dutch Rudder Enthusiast

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you bid it is just the major companies or do you get advantage/Fox/ et al?

5. Bartman

Bartman Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've always done better on carrentalsavers.com You can reserve anytime and keep checking. If you see one better cancel and rebook another. I've done it as close to the Wed. before flying out on a Sat. One time I was able to book a Premium at the Std rate from Alamo who I've found to be the best of the bunch more often. I drove a Hyundai Genesis for a week a couple summers ago, coulda had a Chrysler 300 in the Premium line but that looked Too big for me.

6. roycpa

roycpa High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Both Priceline & hotwire only use the major companies when you bid. They will give you a list of companies they use.(available to look at before you bid.) (Hotwire does now include Sixt in their companies) I've used either of these two sites every single time I've been to LV in the last 20 yrs (about 60 times). They've always been the cheapest option. As mentioned above, I sometimes use hotwire's total and then try to lowball a figure on priceline, before finalizing the hotwire res. Sometimes works, sometimes doesn't. It's surprising how close they generally are in price, and how much lower they are than Expedia and their related sites.

7. Italladdsup

Italladdsup Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for all of the tips everyone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.