1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Presidential/route to Ballys?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by zoey11, Mar 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zoey11

zoey11 Mid roller and Vegas fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thinking of booking from airport to Ballys. Read they start the hour clock when your plane lands, so would we have time to take a long way up the strip to Ballys to drink our champagne?

If so, any suggestions on a route? I don't want to go over the hour fees, but would like to relax a little and enjoy the stripview.:beer:

2. FullBoat

FullBoat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm using them as well. From what I've read on here so far, they're not "too" strict on the hour limit. That's one of the reasons I got them since it's been a long time since I've been to Vegas, and the person I'm going with has never been. Want her to see the strip when we get there, and we're staying downtown.

3. Jordan

Jordan Caveman

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think it really depends on the driver, how busy they are etc...

I've used presidential for round trip airport transfer multiple times (over 10), and it's pretty much split down the middle on taking you LVB to your strip hotel. I request it every time, and 50% of the time they say in a nice way that the hour is almost up, but I'll see what I can do for you!

The novelty of presidential is slowly starting to wear off for me unfortunately, due to several trips of my wife not receiving rose, having to open our own "champagne" and not taking LVB (on my request) to the hotel.

I'm heading to Planet Hollywood in less than 2 weeks and I haven't booked my transportation to the hotel yet (this usually the first thing I do after my airfare and hotel reservations), I'm looking at other options/companies!

4. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We didn't get the rose last time either. Not a big deal but if you are going to advertise it then you should provide it. Agree that they are not strict clock watchers but yes it depends on how busy they are the rest of the day/night. They'll be a lot busier on a Thursday/Friday than on a Monday/Tuesday. We always have the limo stop so we can stock up on some snacks/drinks.

5. Jordan

Jordan Caveman

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Since we are coming from Eastern Canada, we usually arrive 11:00pm at night, any place to stop for wine that hour in the night?

Thanks!

6. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry, all liquor stores in Vegas close at 9 p.m. ha :)

Plenty are open 24 hours, your limo driver will know where to take you. :beer:

7. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thats a serious first world problem right there!!

8. Jordan

Jordan Caveman

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I realize that sounds pathetic bud, but I am paying for it after all...

9. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If your baggage arrives quickly, you should have time to drive up the strip from just south of the airport. But there isn't really all that much to see on the northbound side of the strip until you get to Tropicana Ave (where MGM Grand is).

Having the driver go from the airport to Tropicana to the Strip and then up to Bally's should totally be doable.

10. Dean Martin

Dean Martin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We've used them many times too and I've never had an issue w/ them. But then we almost always arrive in the afternoon on a Saturday so that's probably not their busiest time. I usually stop at the liquor store and then we cruise up the strip enjoying champagne and getting in the Vegas mood.

I always tip the driver $20 both ways so possibly they keep track of stuff like that and don't mind doing a little extra, knowing that you're going to "do a little extra too"?

11. zoey11

zoey11 Mid roller and Vegas fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the replies, will ask for a short ride up the strip then, can't wait!

12. DReynolds86

DReynolds86 Let's Go Pens!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does the basic 300 sedan come with anything for the guests? Bottles of water or anything?

13. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you really want to get the full hour worth of drive, for a tour up and down The Strip and maybe stopping off at a store, then there are limos for hire at the airport where you can get off the jet, get your luggage, hit the restroom, whatever and then go outside, hire a limo and get a full hour starting right then. For rates they have a large card on their windshield if they are for hire that will detail their rates (either by the hour, half hour or direct trip to hotel).

14. Dean Martin

Dean Martin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Auggie - where are these Limo's for hires at, down the escalator where Presidential parks (where I've seen a lot of other limos) or are they right out the baggage claim door where the cabs are?

15. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Taxis are on the opposite site from limos. Go out Door 9 from baggage claim for limos. There's a couple of staffed kiosks.

16. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I used them back in Feb. We were going from McCarran to Cosmo and we weren't quite done with the champagne as we were pulling up to LV Blvd and Tropicana so I just asked if he could go down the strip a little bit so we could finish. He said we had time and he'd make sure we were at our hotel in time. You can always purchase extra time. Do they pro-rate the additional time? I forgot to ask. I hope to use them again in a couple of months and may have the driver stop at a store or the Welcome to LV sign for a cheesy photo as I've never actually been to the sign.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.