1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Pre-trip Report - Time to Check Things Off

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by DaveP, Oct 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaveP

DaveP VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

It's been a long time. I haven't done more than one trip to Vegas a year in forever, but things are shaping up for a mid-November trip (first trip of the year was in May). And it will be my first really solo trip in a long long time - no family, no friends along this trip. I'm planning on hitting my "to do" list, and hitting it hard.

Found a great deal on a Delta flight from Hartford - $340 including taxes and fees. Unless the airlines start charging more for the weight of a wristwatch, I should be all set there. Booked a car with Budget for $16.95 per day. That one will go way up when you factor in airport fees. Mirage is nice enough to treat me to 3 comped night. 4th would be $89. Can't complain there. Still hoping for a deal at TI.

Once the logistics are figured out, it'll be time to check some things off the "to do" list. There are going to be more poker tournaments this trip. I've hit one or two before, but had to miss out on many more because I had to meet someone somewhere at some specific time.

For entertainment, I'm planning on seeing Mamma Mia one more time. Don't want to miss out on that before they leave. Maybe go through a roll or two of quarters at the Pinball Museum. See the Fremont St. Experience. Haven't seen it since they first closed off the street and put in the canopy. Catch a Bellagio fountain show or two.

And what would Vegas be without some culinary adventures? Some possibilities include the deep-fried Twinkie downtown, Cafe Ba Ba Reeba for happy hour, Lotus of Siam, Roberto's for a carne asada burrito, shrimp cocktail at the Golden Gate, the businessman's lunch at The Palm, a tequila flight at Isla, pizza at Chicago Brewing or Amore. I'm really interested in finding out what the "sausage gravy pot pie w/scrambled eggs & mashed potatoes" at Hash House A Go Go is like. Already, it's looking like there are not enough meals in the day.

Can't wait. :beer:

2. Thor

Thor Beer Drinker

Trips to Las Vegas:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.