1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Pre-Holiday Madness Bender: DTG 11.20.2019-11.23.2019

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by bull0120, Nov 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. STS05

STS05 Onward

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I absolutely get where you are coming from with this. Vegas 10 years ago, I could go on 3-4 hours of sleep a night and feel good enough to keep plugging away the next day. Last trip, it kicked my ass hard by the 2nd night. I still enjoyed it, but not like when I was in my early 30s. That said, I'm prepping to go hard for SB weekend this year. I almost feel like I should be training my mind and liver for it. LOL.

• Like Like x 2
  2. bull0120

bull0120 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Haha that would be some training I would love.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. mdm4sfest

mdm4sfest VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    First off, great report and photos. Secondly, I just turned 35 and been going to Vegas 2-3 a year since I turned 21 and my body just can’t do what is use to do. Naps are almost required and if not a nap, mult cups of coffee. Two years ago I was out with a friend back to back nights til 630am and up again at 10am—- my last day in Vegas was spent solely in front of a slot or bed.

• Like Like x 1
  4. bull0120

bull0120 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks! Yeah the struggle gets harder each time lol. I learned this trip that 2.5 days may be a bit short. Haha may have to start adding in an extra day to recover.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. bull0120

bull0120 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    H-O-K-I-E-S Hokies! What a gem by Bud Foster in his last game at Lane Stadium... Turns out this team is pretty good these days. Next week vs. UVA is going to be awesome. We have to extend the streak to 16 years. Plain and simple. Wow... Now if Temple can do their job and not lose by 10 I'll come home with a $1080 winner in my pocket. Huuuuge day!

6. jimboguy

jimboguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congrats on the nice parlay hit!

• Love Love x 1
  7. bull0120

bull0120 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Haha I am probably going to get kicked out of the Sheraton tonight. When that kicker missed the field goal I let it rip! Nothing like a good sports day.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  8. jimboguy

jimboguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have been known to get animated for parlay bets at much lower bet amounts than yours; so I say celebrate as loud as you want!

• Like Like x 1
  9. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congrats on the parlay finish!

Kicking off the Trip with Two New Hotels to Us!!!
    • Like Like x 1
  10. bighead1970

bighead1970 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did you hit up Scores Gentleman’s club and steakhouse on the other side of the interstate from Hooters for a nice meal and to celebrate your win on your way home?

• Like Like x 1
  11. bull0120

bull0120 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Haha I wish. I shut down the Sheraton bar last night and drug myself to work at sunrise this morning. Haha I'll keep that in mind the next one. Keep my skeez going one more day lol

12. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congrats on a good trip and the parlay. Talk about taking a toll; wise up; when you’re 67 you don’t want to be going to vegas, sitting at the BHB or 4Queens upstairs brewery bar, playing vp and imbibing to the point of answering the question of how was the trip? with a description of what each bar looked like. :rolleyes: But that’s what could happen. :eek: I’ve seen it.

• Like Like x 1
  13. AyDee

AyDee is getting too old for this

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Heyyyyy. I represent that statement.

But great TR, thought I’d be lucky enough to catch one of you DTGers, but I keep odd hours.

Saturday night was the busiest I’ve ever seen the place, bar VP was close to full, but still enough space to find a spot. IIRC BJ mins were $15, craps $10.

Plenty of non bar VP open.

• Like Like x 1
  14. AyDee

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh and chalk me up too for can’t do it like I used too. (Though apparently I still try. ).

Things hurt. Earlier today realized I hadn’t put the compression socks on. Feet were already hurting when we came back over to relax a minute, throw them on, then start the second stand.

Today compression socks and a knee brace are probably in order.

• Like Like x 1
  15. bull0120

bull0120 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks! Really short trip for me, basically 2.5 days. I left around noon on Saturday. I keep pretty weird hours in Vegas too. First night I'm always out until 4 or 5 since I catch the late flight out after work. I'm definitely more of a day drinker in my normal life, so I'm getting started when most people haven't had their first coffee since I'm an east coaster. Usually drinking at a table or playing VP by 9 am at the latest. Afternoon bar hop starting at 4-6 or 7ish followed by dinner. Haha watch out for this guy around 8 pm as I'm deciding if I want a nap. Usually take one and gamble midnight-2 or 3 am and repeat.

16. Stinkfinger

Stinkfinger Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What were the table minimums like at DTG? I’ll be there with friends presidents day weekend. I was there last year same weekend and bj was $10 on friday night all day saturday but craps were $5 the whole weekend.

17. bull0120

bull0120 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    $5 minimum at Blackjack and Craps every time I set down Wednesday-Friday. I was done gambling by 6 on Friday and partied the rest of the night, so I can't tell you anything after that since I flew home on Saturday. It looked to still be $5 Saturday morning, but, I just sat and watched football until it was time to leave. Back in October I remember playing $5 minimums on Friday and Saturday nights at Blackjack and Craps. Probably just depends on the crowds.

18. Stinkfinger

Stinkfinger Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  19. AyDee

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This past sat around 8-10pm,
    Bj min was $15, craps $10.

• Wow! Wow! x 1
  20. Stinkfinger

Stinkfinger Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ouch! Is DTG getting to big for their britches?

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.