1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Pool Tourney, New Hotels, General Vegas Funsies 3/11-3/20 (semi-live)

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Lulu4545, Mar 10, 2020.

1. Lulu4545

Lulu4545 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yah, they probably playing the same tourney. It runs through next Saturday, but my divisions end on Tuesday. Thanks for the luck!

2. hotreds

hotreds Illegitimi non carborundum!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good luck! They had a huge pool tournament at Caesar's Southern Indiana about a month back. People from all over the world, and lots of them!

Freedom Fest 2020
  3. Lulu4545

Lulu4545 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice! Unfortunately I’m not good enough to travel & play pool tourneys, lol. But we Hawaii folk sure love our Vegas, so killing 2 birds with one stone I suppose

• Like Like x 1
  4. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good stuff so far! Guess the pool tourney is still on? So many cancellations lately. :( Enjoy the rest of your trip!

5. Lulu4545

Lulu4545 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry, haven’t been too much gambo since I’m trying to focus on the tourney. So far our doubles team finished 13th out of 80-something teams (won back out entry fee), now I’m waiting for my match in the women’s 8-ball. I won 1st match, lost 2nd, now off to the 3rd @ 3pm.

The rooms here at Gold Coast is very nice & clean, however the soundproofing seems non existent. The past 2 nights from 12am-4am I hear drunk idiots talking loudly, fighting, slamming doors...it’s pretty lame.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Coffee in the room!
    [​IMG]

We checked out Top Golf last night too. As a non golfer I had a great time, mainly because of the availability of alcohol & foods. The bay is pretty pricey but split between 6 comes out about $20-something. The food & drink is expensive too but as long as you are nice to your bartender & tip well, they’ll take care of you
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 1
  6. Lulu4545

Lulu4545 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Stayed out a little too late at the 3 card poker table @ Gold Coast (but didn’t drink). Caught me a straight flush, couple straights, & flushes...didn’t want to leave! After tipping out the awesome dealer prob about $40-50 I still ended up up about $175. But had to pick up the bf from the airport. I ended up oversleeping anyway & he caught a cab over here
    Amid all the BS about the virus I had to cancel my reservations at the Luxor & switched over to the Cal. I tried calling the Luxor to get more info but they were hella busy, was on the phone for over 20 mins & still didn’t get through. But I got this email later that night which answered my question:
    [​IMG]
    Super bummed, was really excited to check out the suites. And also go to Eataly, which is also closed down

From here on out I’ll be doing more gambo & food since I’m out of the tourney (which they also cut short, killing the team events which was supposed to start Friday). They released this last night:
    [​IMG]

AND, I just received an email from my boss requiring me to take a COVID-19 test when I get back. Ugh, this virus thing is making life very difficult...

• Like Like x 1
  7. AyDee

AyDee is getting too old for this

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Would love to hear any Cal reports esp. re: Golden Arm.,
    On the upside of that change, hope Aloha Specialties is still open.
    Was supposed to go Thursday 19, but cancelled.
    please keep reporting, I need my fix somehow...

8. Lulu4545

Lulu4545 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just gonna post some pics since after 3/17 @ 12am nothing of interest happened. The best thing that happened after the shut down? Our discovery of how close Pizza Rock is to the Cal.
    May I also mention the staff at the Cal are freakin awesome! The reservation rep I spoke to Monday night wouldn’t allow me to extend our stay from Wednesday check out to Friday (when we were to fly out). However, we called down at 10am Wednesday morning to double check with the front desk reservation rep if we could extend & she did! Everyone from housekeeping, front desk, and valet were wonderful in spite of the fact that their jobs were at stake. I will be writing a nice letter to someone at Boyd Gaming about the awesome employees they have.
    Anyway, here’s pictures:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I totally get the hype now...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Uber eats: Los Huicholes & Rollin Smoke BBQ
    [​IMG]
    Poke Express on Craig. Just as good as home...

• Like Like x 1
  9. NittyOne

NittyOne High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for posting the nice words on Cal staff. Also the poke place looks incredible, thanks for sharing.