1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Pool experiences. Aria? Bellagio? Vdara? Bally's?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by gs32794, Jul 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gs32794

gs32794 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Would like to hear about pool experiences at Aria, Bellagio, Vdara and Bally's. I like a relatively quiet, calm pool environment. Music is nice, if the volume is held to a lower level. I also prefer warmer pool water. Are any of these known for being warmer than the others? So far, I've most enjoyed Caesars Apollo, but cannot pull that off this trip.

Here's the deal. Currently booked at for a week Mid-August Bally's. A thread going in the MyVegas forum has me thinking about possibly redeeming a 2-night MyVegas rewards for Aria, Bellagio or, maybe, Vdara. The 2 nights would be a Tuesday and a Wedesday (currently $28 per night @ Bally's, no fees.). The rub is I would have to spend about $45 to pick up the 2 night rewards for Aria and Bellagio plus the resort fees. I already have the Vdara reward, so it would just be the fees. The pool situation vs. cost is the deciding factor. Any info/opinions/input is greatly appreciated.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2019
  2. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bally's-no
    Vdara - meh, small, plus death ray threat in summer
    Aria - seemed ok, but I was hanging out with VMBers the whole time and didn't get in an actual pool
    Bellagio - never been

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Robin W

Robin W Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've not been to the others but Aria matches that description. I think there were 2 or 3 pools to choose from, none were super loud or crowded and it was very relaxing. The waitresses were great too. My favorite pool experience so far in Vegas.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. AlwaysUpForFun

AlwaysUpForFun High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've only have had experience with Aria and Bellagio and it wasn't prime summer pool time. I wouldn't say the water in either pool complex is overly warm or cool.

Aria nice and relaxing with not too loud pool music. Nice landscaping and hot tub.Lounges near Liquid aren't as relaxing. There is some spillover of music from Liquid. You do have the option to reserve a lounge at the Sky Suite pool, but I have not done that.

Bellagio is very nice. Probably more relaxing than Aria. Very nicely landscaped with multiple pools to choose from some shade to full sun.There is no party pool in the pool complex, so the whole pool complex is pretty tranquil. Cypress Pool is really nice with reserved lounges.

2020 Trip redo
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I believe the death ray threat has been eliminated. They covered the glass with a non-reflective coating. I would be interested in hearing if anyone has had recent problems there.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. NeonTurtle14

NeonTurtle14 Hot Dogs and Buns

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have stayed at Vdara multiple times in the past few years... I love the pool there. It is small and quiet, but never crowded, always prompt drink service if wanted, and no there is no problem with the death ray anymore. Mainly a lot of umbrellas they have put up around the pool to block in that particular spot where it was happening, and the glass coating as mentioned.

7. bshowell

bshowell VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've only done the Aria pool. We rented a cabana as we usually do at pools and it was a very serene atmosphere. Very pleasant experience.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've stayed at Bally's and Vdara but never set foot in either pool, so I can't weigh in on those. However, Bellagio pool is very tranquil and relaxing. It is a very laid back vibe. The Aria pools can be relaxing but they are very shallow - wading pools, really - so if you intend on swimming, they are not that deep. Plus when the Aria Liquid Pool is open you WILL hear loud, blasting music which is not exactly what I would call a "zen experience"! I would recommend Bellagio for the win. Plus there is an exclusive restaurant at the Bellagio pool (the appropriately named Bellagio Pool Cafe) that only hotel guests who have access to the pool area can go to and it is great!

9. JackpotJohn

JackpotJohn Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've only experienced Bellagio pool of the ones you mention and it definitely meets your criteria. First time got there shortly after opening to grab chairs. Service was great. Second time we reserved two chairs at the Cypress Pool. There you have a separate area with dedicated wait staff that are very attentive. They were good about checking up on us re drinks and food and moving the umbrellas without us having to ask.

10. Gaggles

Gaggles VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've done them all except Vdara. Bally's is just fine but it isn't quite Aria or Bellagio for obvious reasons. Having said that, drink and rental prices WILL reflect the pool difference. Bellagio will be fairly mellow with Aria being just a bit more lively but still a nice relax. I guess your big question is do you want to stay at Bellagio or Aria? To me that's a tough call. Bellagio is the Bellagio but Aria has the most comfortable beds I have ever slept on.

Getting in and out of Aria is also a bit of an inconvenience. The same cannot be said for Bellagio. I am not sure what I would do if I was in your exact situation today. Tough call. I would probably go Aria just because I haven't stayed there in a long time but I did stay at Bellagio earlier in the year. I think your pool experience at Aria will be a bit better than Bellagio and I have no input on Vdara. Regardless, you have a great problem on your hands.

11. amk121

amk121 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Haven't been to Vdara's or Bally's pool but Bellagio's is pretty low key and a beautiful pool area. Aria's is really great atmosphere and very relaxing as well. You might hear some music from Liquid but it might not really bother you much.

12. gs32794

gs32794 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks to eveyone who has replied. I have eliminated Aria because of the (possibly slim) chance of noise from Liquid. Still considering the others. Vdara and Bally's have one pool. Bellagio has 5. Below is a pic of the pool area. Can someone tell me which pool I have circled in yellow? It is near the north pool entrance and Cafe Bellagio overlooks it. Also, are there gold and platinum lines or just general admission?

Screenshot_20190702-183920.jpg

13. RVD26

RVD26 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not sure why you ruled out Aria. We stayed at their pool last year and didn't hear anything from Liquid. We walked in and out of Liquid quickly because it just wasn't our scene. Everywhere else was just fine.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Pbtrav

Pbtrav Mid level gambler.....high level drinker!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Of those choices Aria would be the one for me.....and I have never had an issue with noise.

• Like Like x 1
  15. gs32794

gs32794 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    3 of the above posters mentioned noise intrusion from Liquid. I checked the schedule and Liquid would be open the 2nd of my days. Just don't want to risk it.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
  16. fudgewapner

fudgewapner Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've stayed at all these places. If you're ruling out Aria, the Bellagio pool is leaps and bounds better than Bally's and Vdara. Bally's is alright, mid-sized. Vdara's is quite small, nothing exciting. Bellagio is much more tranquil, bigger, more secluded areas, just much much nicer in my opinion.

I second the Aria opinions though - been plenty nice for me, noise no different than your typical pool. But since you said you like lower volume and more relaxed, then B is really your option.

17. Wabashabi

Wabashabi Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would go with Bellagio. Vdara pool is small and it doesn’t take many kids in there to make it annoying. Bellagio you can pick your own atmosphere as each pool is s bit different. Might be worth renting loungers at the adults only pool for a little more comfort

• Like Like x 1
  18. Sdebruyne

Sdebruyne Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have never been to the Bally’s pool but spent time at all of the others. Pool time is important to me. Aria is by far my favorite. Never had any noise issues. Bellagio is equally nice but was more crowded.

Vdara is a smaller pool, but nice. They required the umbrellas to stay up until early afternoon because of the sun death rays and that really made pool time bearable But one of the days during my stay it was too windy to have them up. The sun was so bad, I had to leave after a few minutes. I will not stay at Vdara again for that reason alone.

19. gradytripp

gradytripp High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Aria and Bellagio are both great, both what you're looking for ("relatively quiet, calm"). They're both pretty expansive; Bellagio has more nooks and crannies.

I have never heard noise from Liquid at Aria--but our pool time is pretty much 8 am until maybe 10:30 am at the latest, every day of the trip. So perhaps it just hasn't been open. (We flee the pool once the sun rises above the top of the hotel--that means it's time for video poker.)

I agree with ruling out Bally's and Vdara.

20. gs32794

gs32794 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Final outcome: Aria.

Decided on Bellagio. Went to buy the reward, but sold out. But Aria was available. I'm sure it will be great. Thanks for all the input!

• Like Like x 5
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.