1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Poker Meet-Up (Sometime between June 9-15?)

Discussion in 'Vegas Get Togethers' started by MiamiDave, Apr 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MiamiDave

MiamiDave You Can't Handle the Truth

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know a few of us are going to be out there during that window. I think I have an extra poker/gambling buddy joining me and my poker pro friend of mine (they're both related to each other), so it'll be 3 of us most likely. I just wanted to bounce some ideas off anyone who's interested in something to do. Maybe poker related?

Here's a few things that came to mind that we could maybe do:

1) A limit mixed game. 5-game, 7-game, 8-game, I'm good for whatever. Maybe a 5-game HORSE-modification where you exchange Stud Hi for 2-7 Triple Draw or Badacey or Baducey or something. I prefer $10/20 but I'm OK with $20/40 or even going down to $4/8 or $6/12 if we get some interested people that feel more comfortable at lower stakes.

2) $1/2 NLH, PLO or a mix NLH/PLO game. As I mentioned in another thread somewhere, I don't really like playing higher than $1/2 or $1/3 no-limit/pot-limit games vs. friends. I don't want to feel bad taking their money and I don't want them to feel bad taking mine. Another option of this is there's a $1/1 PLO game that runs at Flamingo, Bally's, and/or Harrah's.

3) No poker at all. Maybe just a hang out for dinner and/or drinks or whatever. Or even some craps or blackjack or something.

Anyone have some ideas beyond these? I'm pretty much open to anything reasonable if there's interest!

June 15th might be difficult for me since I'm probably flying out that day, so I prefer one of the other days, but I'm pretty open. Maybe Wednesday the 13th is the most easily accessible day? The exception to that would be if TRN is deep in the Marathon or I'm deep in the Planet Hollywood $600/500k.

• Like Like x 1
  2. NeonTurtle14

NeonTurtle14 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Those dates work well for me, I'll be there the same days... Count me in, but don't be upset if I'm still playing in one of the two WSOP events or V Deep Stack tourney I am planning on hitting that week (Marathon and 6-handed $3k NLHE @ WSOP are the main two).

I would pick options 2 or 3 from your list. I don't really play the full range of mixed games (Holdem and Omaha are the only two I do). If you opt to do #1 I'd still come by, but not play.

3. MiamiDave

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm good with just nixing #1 completely in that case. There's a $20/40 mixed game at the Bellagio that I can play in if I feel the desire to. It'd also be easier to do something closer to #2 if we pick a smaller poker room (since the bigger rooms it'll be harder to get a new table opened for us since they're so busy), since some of those smaller rooms don't have experience dealing mixed games anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Not at the table Carlos

Not at the table Carlos 6-sided cube slinger

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I arrive on the 12th but likely won’t make it to the strip until the 15th. POSSIBLY trying to play in the Trooper’s game at Westgate on the 14th.

Bachelor Party for Uncle Hepatitis
  5. NeonTurtle14

NeonTurtle14 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Westgate may not be a bad option, it's never crowded there :) Who can get more players, Trooper or VMB???

6. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't get in until the 17th :bang:

Would have been up for all 3!

Have a great time, and sink a few shots for me.

Can't stay away!
    • Like Like x 1
  7. MiamiDave

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Move your trip up a few days. Sleep on someone's spare rollaway bed. Everyone wins.

Otherwise, maybe next year!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ha! Not possible, unfortunately.

I do the same 4 weeks every summer, so all arranged from last Autumn.

Can't stay away!
  9. The Rumor

The Rumor VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll be at the Borgata, sorry!

10. Not at the table Carlos

Not at the table Carlos 6-sided cube slinger

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will likely be going to Sam’s Town/Longhorn/Eastside Cannery that Thursday in the day time to get some $2 blackjack action in. If I make it to Trooper Thursday at Westgate I’ll probably be three sheets to the wind. Which is a great thing for everybody involved. I have a good time, you win my money!

Bachelor Party for Uncle Hepatitis
    • Like Like x 1
  11. NeonTurtle14

NeonTurtle14 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Let's aim for Wed the 13th like you suggested, if not everyone can make it oh well. Maybe we start with drinks somewhere that there's also a poker game that runs, and if any/all want to move to poker tables after the drinks, we're right there. As you mentioned, if you're deep in the PH or I'm deep in the Marathon (or possibly the PH if I don't do Marathon - we'll see how the bankroll looks after the first two trips out), we may miss it, but that shouldn't stop others from joining up.

So far looks like Miami, TRN, Carlos will be in LV but unsure if he'll join, if we can grab a couple more great. If it ends up being just Miami + TRN then we can just trade numbers and figure it out on the fly, also.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Slidey1

Slidey1 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I’m fairly sure I’ll be in town that week so I’m definitely down for whatever is decided upon

• Like Like x 2
  13. VegasFirstTimer

VegasFirstTimer Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll be in town for wsop events from June1-June11.

Down to say hi and donate to you guys.

14. yooperguy

yooperguy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll be in town that week, will throw a few back with youse guys, and donate to the cause. I'll follow the thread and see where it will ultimately end up. I'll probably start the day at PH for the 11am "The Low Roller" $200K guaranteed, and go from there. From Trooper's vlogs, it looks like the Westgate would be pretty accommodating for setting up a game. Neeme has set up several MUG's at the Mirage as well.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  15. 93 Octane

93 Octane Chief bottle washer

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am attempting to work out a trip within these dates as I'd like to have a few cocktails and meet the poker crew from vmb. Will update status in a few weeks

• Like Like x 1
  16. MiamiDave

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is sounding like it's shaping up to be something pretty great. Looking forward to it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. NeonTurtle14

NeonTurtle14 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @MiamiDave just make the final call (when we get closer to the dates) on what/when/where and I'll be there, pending tournament action. Thanks to the mod for moving this into the Get Togethers board, looks like this is getting a few more eyes on it now too.

18. MiamiDave

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Honestly, since we all seem to have some tournament schedules going, we can still nail down a time but it's possible one or more people won't line up at all. I think we should set a time/date/location when we get to that week, but I also would be very much down for getting a group text message or something going while we're out there and people can hang out randomly if they so choose. Most of the multi-days start/re-start at 11am or Noon so some of us might want to hang out earlier in a day, possibly.

As far as the established time/date, does anyone think Wednesday the 13th isn't the most optimal date/time at this point? And as far as that's concerned, do we meet up for drinks and then consider trying to get a game going after? I think getting a game going at one of the non-prime locations would be easiest, so maybe our meet should be somewhere in that general direction? I'd guess the best rooms to start a game would be Harrah's, Bally's, Flamingo, even TI. Pretty much all dumps but they'll look like the Aria after we get a couple drinks in.

19. NeonTurtle14

NeonTurtle14 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Edit: Disregard/delete this post, no longer relevant.

Last edited: May 2, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.