1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Pokemon Go

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Backagain1, Jul 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GENESIS

GENESIS EAT-LOVE-PRAY-INHALE

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Although I play the game I gotta say, be mindful of where you walk and play. I was so busy in the pokie gym that I walked into a wall while walking around my gym's indoor track:bang:

• Like Like x 1
  2. LBTRS

LBTRS Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We were on Fremont Street on Thursday night and all these people were walking around not looking where they were going and staring at their phones. I noticed several had the same thing on their screen and asked my daughter-in-law what the heck everyone was doing. She told me they were all doing Pokemon Go. Never heard of it until now but I told a couple young girls to pay attention to where they were walking as they plowed into the wife and I.

• Like Like x 1
  3. carrie_dave_and_cody

carrie_dave_and_cody Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My son is 22 and was really into Pokémon as a kid. So I have downloaded the app do I can play with him. He had a ton Pokémon cards in storage. Maybe they will increase in value

• Like Like x 1
  4. Backagain1

Backagain1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was thinking about my daughters old collection - wondering too what will happen to that with regards to value.

5. donfairplay

donfairplay VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If I were standing on the corner giving away free drugs I couldn't get this many people.

• Like Like x 1
  6. cvkelz

cvkelz Extremely Low Roller- like, I barely roll at all.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've not tried it myself, but my facebook page has been blowing up with all my friends playing it. I'm all for something that gets kids off the couch and walking around to "catch" these things, but I have seen warnings too about watching where you are going...but I figure kids nowadays always have their noses stuffed into their phones so this is no different than texting and walking.
    Time will tell, right now all the negative posts are of people hating on another popular trend. Still, I have not tried it, but I love that it gets kids out and walking around.

50th Birthday Trip to Solvang & San Luis Opisbo
    Heading Back To Laughlin For More Pizza!
    • Like Like x 3
  7. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am just the type of person that would be all into this. Thank God I don't have a smartphone.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. BlacklabberMike

BlacklabberMike MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    judging by some of the things i've seen on the news and read...... just technology culling the herd

• Like Like x 2
  9. letsgotovegas

letsgotovegas VIP Whale

Idea proposed by a friend - require all smart phone owners to download the app. Let Darwinism take over and weed out all the stupid people so that our gene pool gets stronger.

Similar to what BlacklabberMike has above.

As usual, a little common sense goes a long way. Sadly, common sense isn't really as common as it should be!

I have no patience and would probably get too frustrated quickly so I'm not even going to start!

Cheers,
    Kelly

• Like Like x 1
  10. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    :clap:

For me it's about free time. I just don't ever seem to have enough. By the time I get through my to do list every day and make/eat/clean-up dinner, I'm tired! :snore: And when I do have some free time, the last thing I want to do is be tethered to another electronic device.

Our local animal shelter set up a program for Pokemon players to walk shelter dogs while they are playing. I guess that's one plus.

• Like Like x 1
  11. grosx2

grosx2 Have fun storming the castle!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hopefully the dogs will be smart enough to not follow their pokemon-playing walkers into traffic!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. BlacklabberMike

BlacklabberMike MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    did you see the moron who playing while driving and plowed into a police cruiser? what a maroon

• Like Like x 1
  13. Richard Alpert

Richard Alpert LOST

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Our neighboring small-town police force has been introduced to the wonders of Pokémon Go...
    DSCF0015.JPG
    The assisted-living/senior housing apartments have also received a record numbers of visitors in the past week.

• Like Like x 1
  14. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Holocaust Museum in DC asked the game maker to remove its site from the game. Players were going through the museum catching Pokemon.

Here is a video of a distracted player in Baltimore side swiping a police car.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Joe Strummer

Joe Strummer VIP Whale

I would take my 2 yr old son ( at the time ) -
    across the street to an old bell ( think = Liberty Bell )
    set in a school yard.
    The other day I noticed people standing by it ?
    Nobody, but my son + I were ever looking at it.
    My wife mentioned - "there were Pokemon figures found there."
    Oh ?.......okay.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Pokestops seem to be based on common picture spots. At the local Air Force Museum it seems that every plane is a Pokestop, probably over 15. I spent about 30 minutes drive around hitting up the Pokestops this afternoon.

• Like Like x 1
  17. PaulBowdry

PaulBowdry Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My fat butt is going for a walk last night. See some guy coming out of his house. Looks like he is going for a walk too. No his face is buried in his phone hunting pokemon. I find this all weird and bizarre. But to each him/her own. Just hope nobody gets killed playing this game.

• Like Like x 1
  18. CaptCampion

CaptCampion VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am 44 and having a helluva time playing it. I got started in Houston a couple weeks ago with some other 35-40 year olds. My 13 year old son ASKS me to go for walks so we can play it together. That right there is worth something. Yes, people are going to do stupid things with it and that will make the news. But those people were gonna make the news for doing something stupid at some point anyhow.....

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.