1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Plaza mailers -- still bimonthly, or now monthly?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by JulianC, Apr 24, 2021.

1. JulianC

JulianC Amateur

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For once, I actually have questions.

I haven't gotten a Plaza mailer since the end of 2019 (due to not keeping my ADT high enough), but I got a glimpse of someone else's mailer that only covered May 2021. That someone happens to be a drive-market customer. I am a fly-market customer, and I had only ever gotten bimonthly mailers in the past.

Have the Plaza mailers indeed become monthly? If anyone has been getting a monthly mailer, might distance from home to the property be a factor in the frequency of mailers/offers?

2. JeJas

JeJas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always got bimonthly mailers. May-June mailer came last week. fly market.

3. SoCalMon

SoCalMon VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have been in the plaza and got a card but have never played there and have heard their free play was like the grand where you cannot use it all at once and can use a little each day. Like at grand when I got free play once and decided not to bother anymore when it was 5 bucks 1 day, 5 bucks the next, and 5 bucks the day after that or something like that instead of all at one time. Is the plaza still like that? If not, then i will defiantly put some play in there. I like the free play like 4 queens, nugget, and club one where you can use all at once. El cortez also but theirs is using free play once every 3 months and not monthly or weekly (Golden nugget is weekly, club one and 4 queens is monthly).

4. JeJas

JeJas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, Plaza's freeplay is for each day. Each day you go to the kiosk to swipe your card and activate free play.
    A few years back, you had to go to player's club each day!! now it's much easier.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. SoCalMon

SoCalMon VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How much free play do you get each day? When I had free play offers once at the grand, it was 5 dollars each day and discouraged me from going back to play there. If its 20 or more fine, but not for 5 bucks.

Speaking of going to players club, cosmo is like that. Adding kiosks makes it a lot easier. Hopefully they do that soon. In order to get the free play at cosmo, have to go to the players club. Mlife has to go to players club also. golden nugget has kiosks for most of their free play promotions but some of their promotions require going to the cashier cage to redeem like the choice being a gift card or free play option. As far as free play from offers, already on your card. 4 Queens already on card also. Caesars has kiosks now, at least my local harrahs so cal does now. Not sure about vegas because I do not really go into caesars there. You need a hotel stay to use the free play. What motivates me to play at a certain property is the amount of free play I am expecting based on play and not requiring a hotel stay. Speaking of not requiring a hotel stay, mlife is now like treasure island in a way. If your hotel stay free play is 50 like mine, the no stay free play is 25 (cuts in half).

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. JulianC

JulianC Amateur

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We could easily break off four other threads. Let's keep this one about the Plaza.

7. AyDee

AyDee is getting too old for this

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just got a drive-market monthly (May) (IIRC) Plaza offer, which I promptly lost,
    I think it did not have daily FP, and don't remember ever seeing that,
    This offer was generous for only drop in play,
    2 nights, maybe 50 FP maybe 50 FC,
    best we've had before may have been 20 FP/10 FC.

Only the 2nd or 3rd room offer we've received, but we've been following the @JulianC guideline of trying to put 4 hrs in (x2 playing on same card) per visit.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 2
  8. JeJas

JeJas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Before COVID, my offers ranged from $25/day to $200/day, for 3 days or 4 days.

Tags: