1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Playing chicken with your Groupon

Discussion in 'Las Vegas for the Frugal (not Cheap)' started by LVisBeautiful, May 2, 2021.

1. LVisBeautiful

LVisBeautiful High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hello all fellow penny pinchers,

I'm sending you my love from the PNW, and an update from my hyper-focused vacation planning, after a year of being in COVID lockdown, that has gone off the rails.

After being asked at a local which always has open seating, and just reopened, if I had a rezzie. I started thinking about my upcoming trip to Sin City (where sins will be definitely be committed), if I was going to need rezzies at all the planned restaurants.

I had a few Las Vegas Groupon restaurants I had bought vouchers for in advance, and decided to start there with reservations. This is definitely NOT the Same old Situation.

Imagine my horror when the first one I called said, and I quote, "The owner changed his mind, even though you bought it, we aren't taking it when you get here, the price is going up for this". Yes Vince Neils Tatuado, I'm looking at you here. Sounds like that owner is a Devil, and I'd like to shout at him.

Shame on you Motley Crue, I'd like to Kickstart you in a place other than your heart.

Anyhoozies, I wanted to give my frugal friends some love and pass this warning on, I squeezed a refund of usable groupon bucks out of the groupon, but I imagine, know that they know they have a captive audience of returning vacationers this summer, they may be playing chicken with your plans...and coups.

Be careful fellow VMB'ers, its going to be a Wild Side kind of summer.

Reno/Tahoe/Vegas
    Graduation Trip
    • Wow! Wow! x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. MCann

MCann VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I imagine there must have been a policy change, but last time I had an issue with Groupon, their published policy was that if a place stopped honoring one prior to the original purchased expiration date for the offer, you were owed a cash refund. Past the original stated expiration date, it was just groupon bucks for the original purchase amount.

Suck it, Caesar!
    I convinced my family to have a small reunion ...at Tampa Hard Rock
  3. LVisBeautiful

LVisBeautiful High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yep I used to think the same thing, I probably could have a fought it, but it was a weeks
    Worth of fight per my customer service rep, and I didn’t have it in me,

the deals are going to dry up this summer when everyone gets loose and I imagine the places who have been hurting all year will be less than excited to honor their commitments with Groupon

Reno/Tahoe/Vegas
    Graduation Trip
  4. Echo27

Echo27 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Love the Motley Crue references. I won tickets on the radio to see them at the Meadowlands in Jersey when I was a mere teenybopper. Glad you will be able to get some use out of the Groupon bucks!

• Love Love x 1
  5. Jer

Jer I kinda did a thing...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Such a Theatre of Pain...:whistle:

New MLife Offers Just Begging Me!
    Just Happy to be Invited!
    • Funny Funny x 2
Tags: