$20 Planet Hollywood

Discussion in '$20 Trick Section' started by Sonya, Apr 28, 2015.

1. Headache 21

Headache 21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    $20 got me 36th floor fountain view. Same level room that I had comped - just higher and nicer viewier.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Max_Jetz

Max_Jetz Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Seven night stay in a ultra hip king, gave $20 at the diamond check in and asked for a higher floor with a fountain view not too close to the elevator - and got exactly that.

• Like Like x 1
  3. SprintGravy

SprintGravy High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am in a Ultra Hip Strip Suite coming up next month on a comp. Is it even worth to do a $20 or $50 trick? I feel like the next level up might be too significant.

4. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think youre right 20$ might give you strip view and higher floor but not much else

5. SprintGravy

SprintGravy High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yea I think I am already guaranteed a strip view with the room but not sure about floor. Not sure that really matters to me much

6. amanty

amanty Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Upcoming trip in November.

One night comped via CR offer. It is currently a Ultra Hip King.
    It is also Wednesday . . . I have no player status.

Hoping I can side step the automated check-in and pay somebody.

What can I expect for a $50 upgrade?
    There are a LOT of room options at PHO and overwhelming for a first timer.

I like the idea of the tub with a view!!

7. Mr Bulldops

Mr Bulldops High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The only staffed check-in area is for Diamond and above - they make everyone else use kiosks. That said, you may want to check which upgrades are available ahead of time if you're willing to spend $50 for the 1 night. You will probably be able to get a room with some view, Ultra Resort, or maybe even an Ultra Resort Vista if it's a mid-week single night.

8. Headache 21

Headache 21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    this isn't true.

they have a few staff members in the general check in area that are there to help people who can't operate the kiosks.

when I went in May I immediately approached one of these persons and asked if I had to use a kiosk or if i could work directly with her to check in, and she took me over to the desk - i gave her my sandwich and she upgraded me to a high floor with a view, which is what i asked for.

9. Mr Bulldops

Mr Bulldops High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Glad they were able to help you, but I wouldn't count on that. I was there in June and there was one guy at the diamond check-in desk - no other front desk staff in sight. There were people getting stuck with the kiosks and the line was pretty long.

10. amanty

amanty Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll let you all know, what I see in two weeks.
    Any timing on, when I can expect these upgrade offers? Week out? Two weeks?

Thanks

11. Mr Bulldops

Mr Bulldops High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you pull up your reservation in the app, there should be an "Upgrade My Stay" option. You should be able to see what is available, the cost and place the request.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Headache 21

Headache 21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    interesting. not my experience at all - and passed through the lobby on two other occasions that weekend and noticed the same thing (staff waiting to help in the kiosk area who could upgrade you).

13. Tyler Heredia

Tyler Heredia Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will be visiting Sunday through Friday in late January into early February. Booked a Ultra Strip Suite comped. I was offered a EStandby upgrade to the Panorama Suite for an additional $85 a night. I want the upgrade, but I am wondering if I should just wait until check in and try my luck at a comped upgrade instead of locking myself into the additional $425 for the week. I will be arriving around 7pm, and I am Diamond.

14. Mr Bulldops

Mr Bulldops High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If it's really important to you to get the panorama, I'd suggest requesting the upgrade. If it's not that important to you, you can always give a more generous tip at check-in ($50+) and see if they can accommodate you. The Strip Suite is a nice room though, it has a living room area, a massive soaking tub and they all have strip views - sometimes obscured by the obnoxious wrap on the outside of the building.