1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Planet Hollywood Tournament & Room Comment

Discussion in 'The Poker Room' started by booker, Mar 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. booker

booker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was up and about last week ant decided to check out the Planet Hollywood 10am tournament. $80, not too bad of a low buy structure, so I gave it a go.

Level 3
    I'm slightly below average stack and in the SB with Qd-10d.
    Folds to Button who has made a few steals, and he bets 3bb.
    I call as does BB.

Flop
    K-J-9 rainbow (Bingo!)

I make a pot size bet
    BB raises it 3 times my bet
    Button folds and I go All In and get called with K-J
    He rivers a King and I'm gone. That's life.

COMMENT
    Black $100 chips on a black tabletop is a stupid idea – and the dark chocolate $5k (I think that's the denomination) are almost as bad. Old guys (well, this old guy) kept asking how much was bet, especially at the other end of the table.

2. NeonTurtle14

NeonTurtle14 Hot Dogs and Buns

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I get what you're saying about the chips/felt color... I have good eyesight and can't stand that.... or when there's two chips that are nearly the same color in play in a tournament - light green chips and gray chips, or dark blue chips and black chips.... I played a WSOPC tournament at Caesars Palace in LV a few yrs ago where the 100 denomination was brown with orange, and the 1000 denom was brown with red. The browns were nearly identical... no one could figure it out. The local room out here has red felt, which is terrible for the $1/$3 and $2/$5 NLHE cash games with mostly red chips in play... even the dealers complain about it.

3. booker

booker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    TRN, those examples are nuts!
    I was once almost late to a tournament and got seated on the button as the first cards were in the air.
    The bet was 3-bet to me and I went to call with J-J and grabbed what I thought were two black chips, but noooo. They were not $100 chips, but dark grey (think charcoal) $5,000 or $10,000 chips, can't remember.

It took a second, but my immediate over-the-top tell was me yelling, "NO!!"

The floor was called and I told him that this was my first time there and that their chips were almost the same color. He actually looked at my hand and said it was a raise, and the raiser shoves with K-K … not much more, actually. Had to call. Had to leave pissed.

BTW, the guy who won apologized.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.