1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Plane parking at hotel

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Joe, Apr 23, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was looking for a hotel in Oshkosh, WI for this summer. Anyway, one of their amenities is parking for your plane. Oshkosh is the home of the EAA, but I still found it funny.

planes at hotel.JPG

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. daveg000

daveg000 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will never look at the people at the Country USA festival, the same again.

15 NIGHTS, 16 DAYS, May 8-23, MGM PK, GOLDN NUGGET, TIMESH, MANDALAY
    15 NIGHTS, 16 DAYS, May 8-23, MGM PK, GOLDN NUGGET, TIMESH, MANDALAY
    • Funny Funny x 2
  3. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If they make you pay for parking it would never fly at VMB!!

• Funny Funny x 6
  4. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh, glad you mentioned that. I checked the EAA dates but forgot about that one. Looks like nothing going on when we are going.

5. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My husband (a private pilot, though he sold his plane ages ago and now just flies r/c planes) used to want to retire to an airfield community. I told him that was a dealbreaker for me. (I don't mind flying - my dad is a private pilot so I was raised flying in small planes. My FIL is a private pilot - just sold his plane last year. And my husband was building an airplane when we started dating - and I even flew in it ;-) But I personally have never wanted to learn to fly, so living in a community around the concept of flying - not my idea of fun ;-) Also, Sun n Fun in 2002 (?) was the last time I camped in a tent. Florida, in a tent. Ugh. Will never do it again! Being able to taxi up to a hotel seems like a GREAT idea to me!

6. Mitkraft

Mitkraft VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have what I would assume is an airfield community not too far from me. I don't think it's really all that different from any community except for having its own air strip and a large number of pilots. All the houses that back up to the air strip have medium sized hangars behind them. One of the people I used to work with who wasn't a pilot lived in the community in a house that wasn't on the airfield. If you have your own plane it would seem like an awesome solution. I actually work with a several people who are pilots and a handful who have their own plane. I still don't know what I think about flying in smaller prop planes though. I was a musician in a former life and the instance of musicians dying in propeller driven aircraft is really high! I have flown in private jets before and whoa is that a way to travel! I wish I had THAT kind of money!

7. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think that to live in an area built around a hobby that one spouse is into and the other isn't into is a recipe for discord in a marriage ;-)

But also, and this might be the more pertinent point, I've never seen an airfield community where I'd actually want to live. So there's that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.