1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Places in/near Flamingo

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by FullBoat, Jul 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FullBoat

FullBoat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey all. My next stay will be at the Flamingo. This is my first time there, and was wondering what kind of food is good around there. Not looking for anything fancy this time around, just something quick to eat that's good. Any idea's?

And, I kinda take that back. I might eat at Center Cut, is it worth it?

2. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Linq comes to mind immediately, Mexican, American, BBQ, pizza, all kinds of things.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. deansrobinson

deansrobinson VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Me? Yeah, I'd dine there again as my steak was very good. The Mrs. ordered some chicken thing and was a bit put off at the 'under cooked' next to the bone. I explained to her that for this type of dish, you're not going to be able to get it done-to-the-bone. So, she won't be going back. It's pretty much like every other à la carte steak restaurant for that price range. The decor is pretty much modern (steel, glass, leather) if the atmosphere means anything. It's certainly not coat and tie, as there was a family dining there decked out in full just-back-from-the-pool regalia. Bottom line...if you want a quality steak with great service and don't feel like wandering off the property, Center Cut checks the box.

'Cause once per annum is insufficient...
  4. FullBoat

FullBoat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I forgot that Gordens Fish and Chips was there. Always wanted to try it. Looks like a lot of breakfast options as well.

I'm used to the one at The D. That's where I always eat when I'm there. So, it'll be nice to see how other places are. Sounds up my ally. Good way to start my weekend.

5. carolineno

carolineno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The pizza place in the linq promenade, Flour and Barley, was really good and the had an early dinner special. One of the best pizzas I’ve had in Vegas, much better than some random slice.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. FullBoat

FullBoat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just got a call from Center Cut. They're closing Oct 1 for renovations. So, time to find somewhere else to eat on my first night.

7. Pbtrav

Pbtrav Mid level gambler.....high level drinker!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yardhouse or Virgil’s in Linq Promenade.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. jhpa

jhpa VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do you like Mexican? Carlos and Charlie's is in the Flamingo. Decent, casual and not too pricey.

9. HeatherC

HeatherC Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In the flamingo there is Carlos & Charlies and also Margaritaville. There is also a food court that has Johnny Rocket, pizza and some Chinese food I believe. We ate at Centercut and it was very good. Since they will be closed I'd recommend Hexx at Paris. It's just a short walk down the strip. The Linq Promenade has lots of food choices....Yard House and Virgils BBQ were both very good. There are tons of others but those are the two we ate at.

10. shokhead

shokhead No big spender unless eating drinking having fun!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was going to say Yard House, had some very good sea bass.

11. shokhead

shokhead No big spender unless eating drinking having fun!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You are going to go pst a few real good places on your way to Hexx and doesn't Hexx add that extra charge?

12. FullBoat

FullBoat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As an Austinite, not sure if I can stand Mexican anywhere but here. ;) We have a C&C here as well, but have never gone. too many other good Mexican places in town.

13. HeatherC

HeatherC Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not sure. But our meal was excellent. The atmosphere was excellent. Loved the open wall and the view of the fountains. It's a very nice dining experience. And about half the cost from what we spent at Center Cut.

14. HeatherC

HeatherC Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oops...please ignore :)

15. Steelers7

Steelers7 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Gordon's fish and chips was really good. I had the fish which was really good and my sister got the shrimp which were better. We weren't sure where it was so...if you just go down the promenade like you are going to the High Roller, it's on your right just a little way down.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.