1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Place to stay for large family

Discussion in 'Downtown Hotels' started by Drambler, May 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drambler

Drambler High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I meant to post this in the strip section so can it be moved?

I work with a guy who knows I've been to LV so he asked me advice on where to find rooms. He's taking the whole family, two kids and both sets of grand parents are showing up. I'm used to just booking my own (comped) rooms but gave him my opinion on what I felt was more inexpensive and of okay quality, but would anyone have a suggestion for such a large crew? It's their first time there so being on or near the strip would be key I think. But anyone know if any larger places or condo type things that might fit their bill?

Last edited: May 16, 2017
  2. Big dan

Big dan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There are some condos that would fit the bill. I have stayed at the Wyndham with a large family. It has a shuttle to the strip but what I would do is just get adjoining rooms somewhere right on the strip or we have gotten adjoining rooms at the rio before and that gives you a ton of room to walk around at a good price and it also has a shuttle to the strip.

3. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lots of questions before good answers can be given.

How many rooms are they actually looking for? Kids ages? What sort of hotel are they accustomed to? (red roof or marriott or ritz) Are they planning to do all things together, or just some. Are they okay driving and want to walk to things?

I would lean towards center strip and avoid transportation as much as possible. It turns into a goat rodeo moving all those people around. Buffets are probably going to be a good choice for meals due to logistics - food type and large tables.

How mobile are grandparents?

First timers in Vegas are generally happy with ANY hotel. Ballys or Paris would be a good start. I would tend to lean towards separate rooms. Different people will have different schedules for going to bed, being up, etc.

Before setting up the plans, he needs to look at rate calendars. A few days one way or the other may result in room rates tripling in cost, or worse.

4. woodsie

woodsie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Elara at Planet Hollywood has up to 4 Bedroom suites. I stayed in their 2 Bedroom suite configuration when it first opened and it was quite nice. It's the largest bedroom count on the center strip that I'm aware of but I'll admit that this isn't a question I've looked into deeply.

My personal opinion based on experience though would be to stay anywhere and just get standard 1 King or 2 Queen rooms as necessary. It'll be cheaper and quite frankly more enjoyable for everyone involved. It sounds good on paper to have everyone in one big suite but at some point people are going to want their space.

Each set of grand parents is a no brainer to have their own room. They are grown ups, they can handle having their own hotel room. For the parents and the two kids, you could get two adjoining regular rooms like we all used to do it back in the day.

5. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do you have a dollar amount in mind?

6. eaglejohn

eaglejohn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Drambler

Drambler High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for all the great replies. They have two kids and it sounds like the older folks are not going to be moving around that much. I recommended harrahs or ballys for location and price wise. They are looking for mid level pricing. I did throw some Wynn suite pix at him just for fun though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.