1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Photographs Question

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by VegasGroove, Aug 10, 2017.

1. VegasGroove

VegasGroove VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi to all the VMB photo enthusiasts,

My son was recently wed. I always try to think of things to send he and my lovely DIL.

My latest plan is to compile alot of photos of my son from birth to college and send to my DIL. I am wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to do this. I don't mind just putting them in an album, but how do I copy them so they feel/look like real photos. I don't want to just use a copier on plain paper.

OR

How do I do a book of the photos? I know this is popular, but don't know how this is done and with what company.

Any help would be great! Thanks!

2. ardee

ardee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi, VegasGroove.

You might want to get a feel for how they do them by browsing a few sites.
    One would be mixbook.com. They generally have promotional codes for
    sales too.
    You can customize the pictures the way you want and the book can be bound and sent
    to you.

Anniversary Trip. Lucky 13.
  3. RibbonCat

RibbonCat Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That sounds nice! I've used Shutterfly to make calendars and books. I've been happy with their service.

https://www.shutterfly.com/

Looks like their having a sale now too. Good luck!

4. VegasGroove

VegasGroove VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ardee and Ribboncat,

Thank you for the info you supplied! I am excited about this!

• Like Like x 2
  5. runningonthehub

runningonthehub Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Give mpix.com a look. They have photo books.

6. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Even places like Walgreens will do photo books now. Their expertise is kind of a crapshoot, but if you get a good person in the photo department, he/she will help you get things set up.

The thing with a company like Walgreens, you can do the composing on line or at your local shop and have the product picked up anywhere there's a Walgreens with a photo lab.

7. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My sister and nephew put together a book for my dad's funeral. Photos and stories on one side, blank pages on the other for people to write on at the memorial.

I am pretty sure they used mixbook. It was very well done and quick.

8. VegasGroove

VegasGroove VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    running, DMW and Sonya: I appreciate your posts. I was gathering photos last night!

Thanks!

9. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One nice thing about Shutterfly-if you use the app there are weekly promos. Yes you have to pay for the shipping (normally 8.95 per item) but certain items are free. I just produced a desktop plaque for simply the 8.95 shipping fee with pics of the bride & groom I took (gave it to grooms mom - my bestie - as an add on for her birthday). Turned out great. They do have books periodically as a promo too (normally the smaller size 8 x 8). Certain promo items hold no desire for me (10 magnets for the shipping of 8.95) however my friend loves magnets & is signing up for Shutterfly and hoping to use that promo. All personal opinion on what is of 'personal value'. I have a puzzle of my grandson & hubby that I'm giving to babes and he and his dad can do (since he is way to little yet). I have a desktop plaque of my own and also a notepad and a mouse with family pics on - all shipping only cost.

For the older pics you would have to scan them or scan the negatives - that will lose a lot of the clarity unless it's the negative scanned. You can try the scanning at WM & see how they look. They should then be able to burn them to a CD so you can use that for uploading & creating the book. I have a scanner here at home but I don't think I've used it in 5 years lol. I'd likely get better quality now at WM for the scanned image.

Guess it's a solo trip..........