1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Phish on AC beach - 3 nights

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by smerrian, Aug 10, 2021.

1. smerrian

smerrian View from Bally's

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Aug 13-14-15 Phish will be performing on the beach in AC. (Made room rates a bit unbearable). I will be in AC but don't have tickets. Does anyone know if you can hear the concert well from the boardwalk or perhaps from the waterline on the side of the venue?

PHX >> LAS
    Thank You, Wynn
  2. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Let's see, High Tide is 12:39 pm and Low Tide will be at 6:56 pm. I don't know how they control access to the beach on a concert like this, but here are photos from a Maroon 5 concert. If you have Sirius XM, the Phish channel will be broadcasting the event live. You could download the app and listen on headphones. As for listening on the boardwalk, I would imagine you could hear some music, but it would probably be pretty distorted. I think they are silly to have these big concerts over a weekend when the hotels don't need guests, this should be a midweek event, but I guess it would lessen ticket sales.

5df957debb072.image.jpg

[​IMG]

• Wow! Wow! x 1
  3. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Here is a good link to the Press of Atlantic City which shows how the stage is set up, there is also a video with some cool drone shots. I'll be darned, but I cannot seem to find out who else is on stage. It seems these websites are so interested in selling you a ticket as opposed to telling you about the show. Now, get off my lawn!!

4. user3657

user3657 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is why AC was so busy this weekend! I knew something was up! I was telling my friend I never seen AC packed like this. Parking on Sat night was a nightmare! They even had security in ceasers parking lot for traffic.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. phade

phade Keeping tabs on LV while not there...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Unrelated true story.

I took a classmate of mine to his first concert in 1998. Phish - w/Special Guest Ken Kesey and the Merry Pranksters. Being what it was, we had fun pre-show, even getting put into the back of a Sheriff's car for trespassing in the campground next door. Kids being kids - we'll say at 16/17 YO. Somehow I managed to talk the sheriff out of our conundrum, and avoid what would have been a search of our persons and bigger issues. He dropped us off at the gate of the venue and we had a blast at the concert.

Fast forward nearly 25 years, and this classmate went on a design journey that now includes working with the remainder of the Grateful Dead and also Phish. He in fact - designed the poster for this very concert . If you see a devil sitting in his beach chair on the posters, t-shirts, etc. - that is my old classmate's design.

Randomly, he also did design work for Adam Levine of Maroon 5, which is also posted about. His mass marketed guitar that sold in retail stores features that design work. Insight - GD and Phish are tremendous to work for; Levine as I understand it was quite the opposite as both a client and human being. At least that is what I was told.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. KnowItAll

KnowItAll VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was at the Trop this weekend. They said it was taking 3 hours to get out of the parking deck on Monday

• Wow! Wow! x 1
  7. Echo27

Echo27 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I bet this was amazing! I went to a couple of the Phish festivals (Lemonwheel and Camp Oswego). Strangely I don’t remember much about them, but I know I had a good time! ;)