1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

PH Pool vs. MC Pool

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Dutchfly, Jun 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dutchfly

Dutchfly Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
  2. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Monte Carlo by a landslide. They've got a wave pool, a (little) lazy river, and a normal pool. Always seems to be a good vibe there too (when I look down on it from above when I'm at the tram station).

PH has two pools on the roof that are usually less active than a graveyard.

3. Jordan

Jordan Caveman

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have to say I have never been to MC, but I just stayed at PH in April and the pool there was probably the worst of any hotel that I have stayed at in Vegas...

This was almost shocking to me, as the rest of the hotel was alive and hopping, the pool is simply terrible and is in desperate need of a makeover!

4. kps

kps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Stayed at both and hands down Monte Carlo. Great vibe and service and pricing was great for our cabanas. Wife loved the lazy river.

5. kittyglitter_mm

kittyglitter_mm Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Let me first say that I have never been to MC pool although I have seen it during Summer. LOTS of kids. Planet Hollywood has two pools, one of which is over 21 only. I'd prefer a boring pool to one overrun with kids. I have nothing against kids, but when I'm in Vegas I choose not to be around them.

6. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with this statement 100%. PHo definitely has the worst pool on the Strip. It makes Paris and NYNY looks luxurious by comparison.

The MC pool can feel a bit cramped, because they are squeezing a lot into a small space. But it still blows away the PHo pool.

I Need Spa
  7. Aaasaunt

Aaasaunt Tourist

Haven't been to MC, but I stayed at PH and thought the pool was awful. I was so disappointed.

8. Kickin

Kickin Flea

I haven't been to MC either but I'll pile on that the PH pool is the worst.

That is actually why I liked it. I was able to swim in the "family pool" without much of a crowd. It felt like a pool at a cheap hotel or small community public pool. Definitely not the pool to go to if you're looking for anything resort quality but good times if you just want to swim without a bunch of people standing around in the water.

They have another pool which was like the party pool, didn't go in it but also looked small and was packed with Jersey shore types. They had some gaming tables in that area too.

Also, they let non-hotel guests use their pool. I made it a point of criticism in my guest survey but they told me they have no control over that policy, I guess we have to blame Loveman.

9. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven't been to MC either but stayed a few times at PH and each had a view of the pool.
    As others stated it is a roof top pool with no view other than that fact you feel like you are on the roof.

10. Busyman

Busyman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Many spots allow non-hotel guest use their pool. Whether there's a fee is another story.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.