1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

"Pet stay room"

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by pokerbucketlist, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pokerbucketlist

pokerbucketlist Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is must be tricky bringing a pet to vegas with all the concrete, heat and it's a desert!

Just saying....

Last edited: Mar 9, 2014
  2. oldarmy

oldarmy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We live 2 hour drive from Vegas and bring the little dog every time. As far as temperature its hot here also.

3. JustNgo

JustNgo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We've taken our dogs in the summer, we have two small-medium (~20 lbs) dogs and one has really bad allergies during the summer so the dry heat of vegas actually helps her. We don't do pet stay rooms because 1) they are ridiculously priced, and 2) we don't want to feel bad about staying away from the room with the dogs locked up while on vacation. We use this place which we found has VERY reasonable rates (benefits are huge if you have more than one dog), don't put dogs in kennels for the night, have someone on site 24/7 (there are some horror stories of boarding places only have security on-site that and they are not allowed to remove the dogs from the kennels under any conditions for insurance purposes there have been fires), and they have webcams in all their runs/rooms.

4. joshrocker

joshrocker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Holy smokes are you correct. I saw the rates for a "pet stay" room at PH and about had a heart attack. I had no plans on bringing my dog but happened to see the rates while checking out the standard room prices. At that price, my poor dog will never know the pleasure of Las Vegas.

5. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My brother and I stayed in the Imperial Palaces pet stay room cuz he brought his chiuahua and they had a little fenced in area set up with Brady Bunch grass and bag dispenser to clean up. It was a decent little set up. Room sucked tho

6. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My dog often comes with me to Vegas, but we have never stayed in a pet stay room. Ruby is in love with the people at Doggie District Pet Resort. Although I've bought her the Princess Package to get her the extra snuggles and treats, I have not yet used their option to have a bed-time skype with my dog. I just can't bring myself to do that. :haha:

The first time I left her there, I was really worried. My dog is a fragile flower and pretty connected to me and not fond of strangers. I called the next morning to see how she was doing (well, Vegas morning, like 11am). They said, "She's out in the pool." What!?! My dog who asks to be carried over puddles is in the pool? I pictured her with sunglasses on and a giant liver-flavored margarita at her side. Just like me! :kill:

I have seen dogs at the CET properties. It's not my choice for my dog but more power to the people who can make it work for them.

7. JustNgo

JustNgo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sonya,

Do you happen to know the rates for overnight boarding for that place, they don't seem to be published on their website (for one or two dogs, if you know them off-hand)? I'm pretty loyal to my place since they have graciously accepted our pets on Thanksgiving day for the past few years (last year, we were told we ere the only ones who would be accepted that day), but it's good to have options in mind.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.