1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Part 3

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by sanonofresurfer, Jul 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sanonofresurfer

sanonofresurfer Dude

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Friday: Back to the pool at noon. We started drinking to get the shakes to stop. We stayed there until about 5 or 6.
    [​IMG]
    Back to the room to shower and get pretty, because this is my night with everyone.
    We met downstairs at the Garden bar and got a group shot of everyone who made it out to send me off.
    [​IMG]

Around 8 we left for Margarittaville. It was an hour an a half wait for 15 of us, so we drank a lot! I was invited to partake in a few Jaeger-bombs which I *tried* to turn down. :haha: Here's the photo...
    [​IMG]
    We split into 2 groups and said we'd meet up later.
    We were supposed to go downtown, so 6 people left and said they'd meet us downthere...but on the way to the taxi stand over at IP, my group got hi-jacked and we ended up going into Dueling Pianos at Harrah's. I hate that bar! I don't know if I have a piano phobia or if it's because you can't move around easliy in there, but I always break out into a cold sweat and start shaking in there. Well, 12 people were on a mission, so I had to follow. When we went in I had the biggest shot of Jaeg that I could get to calm down...then went back outside to call my other 6 friends and ask them to come back and meet us there so we could all be together. They showed up about 20 minutes later.
    3 of the girls I was told the girls that were playing that I was leaving on deployment, so they called me up and had me sit on the piano while they sang "Proud to be an American." The bar was standing up with their drinks in the air. It was really moving. My sister was crying...I probably would've teared up if I wasn't so pissed at my friends for pulling me into that bar. ;)
    [​IMG]

Then the girls told everyone that I was leaving and to buy me drink. NNOOOOO...! I think I had 3 shots of jaeg in 10 minutes. Then I met a guy at the bar whose wife's birthday was at midnight and he asked me to join them for a shot. Who am I to turn down a birthday drink? So more shots were had....
    [​IMG]

When the girls stopped playing and the guys took over, we decided to head back to the Flaming-O. Everyone I passed on the way out the door either gave me a hug or shook my hand and thanked me for serving. That was very COOL! I had to get out of there before I started crying....big wussy...

Went back to home base and drank more. One of the Poker dealers was walking by when I was talking to one of the girls in my group and said, "What the hell, Larry? Are you going to come by and see me tonight or what?" I never did make it to the poker room that night.

Saturday:
    12 people flew home that morning...but not before 2 had to get rid of the Bad Batch,so I started getting the post Vegas blues while still there...But I knew I had the meet at the BC to look forward to.
    At 7:15 my buddy and I walked into the Barbary Coast and met Mikey and Jer, but they've already written about that. But I will say that Mikey and jer are very good at giving Craps Lessons for Drunken Dummies. Thanks guys!

Todd and I left them to meet up with my other friends at O'Sheas and took them downtown for a ride on the Grain Train. While in line, Mikey, Jer, and Kellee showed up. Sweet! We went over to Binion's and got our collective arses kicked in record time. My friends were out of money and looking dejected so I called Mikey up and told him I had to take the kids back to home base and I'd see them again in 6 months.
    So we jumped in two cabs, went back, and drank at the garden Bar. I said goodnight at 2 since I wanted one decent night of sleep before driving back home through the desert.

Sunday:
    I said my goodbyes to the people that were flying out that night and made my way home at noon.

I know I left a lot out...but half the stories don't translate to the written word...but I do remember leaving Duealing Pianos and the 16 of us ran up and down the strip spanking each other as hard as we could. I think we scared the tourists. It was funny then.... :haha: At least I've got enough memories to keep me going through deployment now.

That my story....thanks for reading.

2. Jer

Jer “The Walrus has spoken”

Trips to Las Vegas:
    "Craps for DRUNKEN Dummies..."

Now if that isn't a book idea, I don't know what is! Damn glad I got to finally meet ya Larry... Next time in PB, huh?

Coming in Earlier, Who Does That???
  3. Jack21

Jack21 Guest

Jeez, Larry...every time I come across one of your TRs I get all jaundice just from the read. Jaeger-bombs sound...interesting. And quite the crew you have there. Enjoyed it...and best of luck on float.

By the way, ever come across a head-banger band called Strapping Young Lad? Bigger in the Pacific NW. Sis is marrying the lead guitarist this October.

4. blackjack

blackjack Monkey!!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Excellent read Larry. You deserved every shot & more!! Thanx for taking the time to put it together - I know it wasn't easy. It does not appear as though you would have had the time to shower with Drea anyway - no harm no foul :evillaugh .

Once again, stay safe friend & kick some arse for all of us!!!

5. sin

sin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Larry you ROCK! Thanks for making time for the tr before you leave. We all really appreciate it. I look forward to buying you a jaeger bomb upon your return. I will not partake with you for I over-did the jaeger on my 21st and, well, you know that story. However-if we can find someplace that does saki bombs I'll go bomb for bomb with ya!

Take care my friend and stay safe. Nothing's more important than you coming back to us ready to party!

6. smonster

smonster Tourist

Larry, quite the trip report. Sorry that I didn't get to meet up with you, but then again it looks like you didn't need me to buy you a drink this trip. I wondered why I kept seeing empty bottles of Jaeger wherever I went. Best of luck and thanks for Serving!

7. enterpriser2151

enterpriser2151 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great TR Larry. I'll join the chorus of thanks for serving and hope for your safe and speedy return. Keep your head up...or down, depending on which ever is appropriate.

8. CamelClutch

CamelClutch Low-Roller

Godspeed, Larry. Looking forward to more outstanding trip reports upon your safe return stateside! Much respect to you and all those who serve our country.

9. RamBill

RamBill Tourist

Thanks for another great TR Larry. I'll try to do you proud come the S & M tour and MM3 and become a Jaeger Bombshelter. :thumbsup:

Before you know it, bud we'll be dive bombing on the Ship Of Fools....

10. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Damn, that was a hell of a "quickie" Larry!!! I wish they were all that fulfilling:wink2: I'm glad you'll have lots of memories (or blank spots) to take with you out to sea. Can't wait to hear more exploits when you return!!

11. SweetP

SweetP Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Larry you are my hero! I hope to outdo you next week! :nworthy:

Safe travels!

12. Bosco

Bosco VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Damn!!!

Now THAT looks like a PARTY! Wish I coulda been there. Don't know if I would have survived, however.

.....And thanks for what you are doing for our country, Larry. I'm proud to call you a friend!

13. sanonofresurfer

sanonofresurfer Dude

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Awww Bosco...we would've taken it easy on you! ;)

Besides, I'm sure you haven't broken your training program right?

WOO HOO! 500th post...coincidently I just dropped a jaeger-bomb. How about them apples?

14. LV Terry

LV Terry Captain Flop'N Fold

Post 500 baby!!

mission accomplished....

15. vegasdrea

vegasdrea Buckle Bunny

Trips to Las Vegas:
    GREAT TR!! I loved the pics, they were fabulous.

~Andrea

16. Beach Crazy

Beach Crazy Hostess With the Mostess

Larry, looks to me like you totally took advantage of all your time in Vegas...that's the only way to do it. Sounds like everyone had a great time. I wish I could have been there when they sang to you, that was so cool. Great photos...I'll get you some in September ;)

Anchors away....

17. sanonofresurfer

sanonofresurfer Dude

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Abso-freakin-lutely! I'm buying the first round though.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.