1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Parking at MSS and California

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by rayrat, Jun 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rayrat

rayrat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi,
    I just noticed that the parking information for both of these hotels has been removed from their websites. Have they rescinded their parking fees?

2. eaglejohn

eaglejohn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    would not bet on it. Stay no fee. Maybe raising for people that park and don't use the property

3. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Highly doubtful. I heard that they are changing their parking procedures. I heard they removed the kiosk at the entrance of the Cal parking garage and it sounds like they will be setting up some kind of automated gate to go in and out of the place. Gets rid of the overhead (parking attendant) and they will be able to control parking 24/7 instead of only when the attendant is around. I am not sure how the thing will work, whether you just insert your room key card or your player's card (may be free for sapphire and emerald holders) or what. We shall see when everything is implemented.

4. LeepinLeemur

LeepinLeemur Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah they now have same kiosks as at cosmo. Of course they had like 5-6 attendants running around so it will be awhile until they save there.
    However weekends are now $10 so they'll make up for it easily :(
    It is now harder to comp, they said you need 100 points or spend money on food (bring food receipt to bconnected they told us). I don't know minimum food charge needed.
    It was quite disappointing for us as we always go there and would sometimes spend money going through california/MSS, but now we'll avoid them.
    My wife did complain enough when we were leaving the parking area and the supervisor or "lieutenant" eventually said he'll give us a one time break.
    They should be more lenient if this is first time charging the 10 dollars.

You can pay with credit card at the gate or with cash at kiosk next to registration.

Are Binions/The D similar for validation?

5. rayrat

rayrat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was going to go to MSS and play some craps. I wonder how I can get my parking ticket validated??

6. rayrat

rayrat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ok, just checked the MSS web page and information is back up. Still confusing. Slot players have to earn 100 points. No mention of table players. Diners have to spend $10. All involve visiting the BC desk. Sounds like a mess is developing. No mention of any changes at the Fremont, so may just go there.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    100 points? That would be 80 hands of 25 cent vp. 10$ in food? Really? Could be their way of dealing with the deadbeats but not committing to the light system.
    Sounds minimal to me. But I don't drive in vegas so what do I really know.

It can’t be a rodeo without the bull
  8. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oops duplicate post

It can’t be a rodeo without the bull
  9. eaglejohn

eaglejohn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fremont is valet only

10. rayrat

rayrat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hmm...no mention of any changes to valet at MSS. I'll just use it and avoid all the parking monkey business!

11. BadKarma

BadKarma Vegas Degenerate - Still Royal Flushless

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Here is the info for MSS from their web page:

Parking Fees and Information
    Daily Parking Rates
    Sunday - Thursday $5 per 24 hours
    Friday - Saturday $10 per 24 hours
    First 30 Minutes Free
    Special Event Rates Vary
    Lost tickets will be charged $25.

Sapphire and Emerald Members
    The parking fee is waived for all Emerald and Sapphire members. Visit the B Connected Club with arrival parking ticket and B Connected Card to validate your parking ticket 15 minutes prior to departure.

Ruby Members
    Guest slot players may earn 100 base points to earn the Kiosk Free Parking Voucher. Visit the B Connected Club with arrival parking ticket and B Connected Card to validate your parking ticket 15 minutes prior to departure. Valid once per day.

Registered Hotels Guests
    Registered Hotel Guests will receive a parking permit upon check-in.

Dining Guest with Minimum Spend
    Present parking ticket at time of payment.
    Must have minimum $10 spend. Valid once per day.

• Like Like x 1
  12. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You may have to wait for the parking situation to settle down. Someone mentioned that they removed the kiosk at the Cal and probably MSS so not sure if the above parking information is current, especially without a kiosk and attendant.

Previously hotel guests only needed to flash their guest permit (you get it from the hotel front desk) to the attendant and they would be let into the parking lot but without an attendant I'm not sure how that will work in the future. Emerald and Sapphire members only needed to flash their card to the attendant also and get in for free.

I was under the impression that they would be installing gates to get in and out of the parking lot at MSS and the Cal so not sure how access will work when that is completed.

I also guess that the rates went up, I remember that the price was $3 to park in the lots but I guess it went up to $5 or $10 depending on the day. But then the attendant wasn't there a lot of times (MSS and Cal) so when the arm was up you could park for free.

Can anyone who visits MSS soon check on the parking situation (kiosk removed? parking fees?). Thanks.

13. in4mation808

in4mation808 VMB VIP Expert Picture Taker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was at MSS last week....and they do have those gates installed, but the arms are up. So anyone can park for free at the moment. Kiosk for attendant is gone. There is a pay station outside the garage.

That was my first and last time at MSS. I simply could not sleep at night (or day) with the freeway noise. I was only there for 3 nights and wasn't going to ask for a room change. Plus, I was allowed to check in early, around 9am, so I didn't want to ask for a room facing the other way. I never even bothered to ask.

14. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, I always ask for a south facing room at MSS. Once they did give me a room on the north side. Unfortunately I didn't request the south side so they said they only had north side rooms available. Like you the freeway noise bothered me a lot so I always ask for a south facing room to get away from the freeway noise.

Yeah, must have been bad since they were working on the freeway about half a mile down (going towards summerlin area). I was there in march and it was a catastrophe, the closed off 2 lanes of the freeway so it was always backed up where you can see it from your room at MSS.

Thanks for the info on the gates. I wonder how long it will take for them to install the new gates and procedures.

15. LeepinLeemur

LeepinLeemur Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On Saturday they had the gates running and were charging the $10.
    (Payable prior to or upon exiting.

• Like Like x 1
  16. vegasdev

vegasdev VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    so.... do they want us to visit their properties or not?

if you are a ruby member, you have to go to the players club AND the kiosk?

what if you are a ruby member and you are not a slot player, but you play other games?

actually, all of this sounds like a bunch of jump-through-hoops silly games anyway.

enough already!

17. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So what happens to hotel guests? Do they have an attendant at the entrance? What about emerald and sapphire holders? I don't see how they can make the $10 payable upon entry or exit without an attendant

I will wait to see how this works out, guess I was under the assumption that they would allow you to swipe your room key card or your emerald or sapphire player's card at the gate to let you in and out.

No more kiosks anymore. But like the strip parking lots they are installing automated gates for entry and exit. Sounds logical, they eliminate the parking attendant so they are saving tens of thousands of dollars a year for the Cal and MSS.

Yeah, as a Ruby member I'm not going to like these changes one bit but since I stay at MSS or the Cal I expect parking to still be free for hotel guests. We need to stop overreacting and wait to see what's in store. Best to get all the information first before reacting. But yes, I'm not in favor of the changes either.

18. in4mation808

in4mation808 VMB VIP Expert Picture Taker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was also under the impression / assumption that they would allow you to swipe your room key or players card to gain access. Not sure how other properties do it, but this is how it's done at Cosmo. All I do is insert my sterling card in the machine, it reads it, then lifts the gate up. Upon leaving the property, you just pause at the gate, it reads your plate for your car, then the arm swings up. Simple. Hope this is the same there.

Makikiboy, I was under the impression you were a higher tier other than Ruby!!! Wow!

I wouldn't worry about paying for parking....the site says:
    Registered Hotels Guests
    Registered Hotel Guests will receive a parking permit upon check-in.

19. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Suncoast has an automated parking garage. If you are Emerald, you can drive to the top, swipe your card and get prime parking close to the entrance. It came in very handy during the summer months, but otherwise I was just fine with their outdoor lot.

20. LeepinLeemur

LeepinLeemur Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can swipe card or key. It is same system as Cosmo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.