1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Parking at Main Street Station

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Italladdsup, Jul 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Italladdsup

Italladdsup Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is our first time to stay at Main Street Station. Where is the parking for the hotel guests? Is it the lot across the street that is open to anybody or is there somewhere else hotel guest park?

2. progrocker2112

progrocker2112 Watch out for this guy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The garage on the north end next to the doors by the check in desk. Park, check in, ask for a pass to place on your dash.

3. Italladdsup

Italladdsup Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks, I didn't know they had a garage. We usually stay at the Golden Nugget.

4. Grant1982

Grant1982 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stayed in the garage last week, they validate, however the long term ticket(s) they gave me for staying in the hotel were completely fubar and would not work. I am Emerald so they validated my short term tickets anyways which worked. The lady at the b connected desk told me if I had any issues just buzz security and they would let me out. Oddly CET properties use the same system and their units worked flawlessly, and somehow (like magic) the exit gates would open up automatically for me, despite me having a ticket at all (Diamond).

5. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does MSS still give out those yellow cards to hotel guests to let them park for free? My friend came back last week and said that there is still a kiosk and attendant at the MSS parking garage. She didn't play much so she just parked for free in the street lot that goes near the freeway overpass (north of the parking structure).

BTW, there are a few parking spaces right next to the wall (closest to Main St.) near the north entrance to MSS for hotel guests for check in. You can park your car, go in and check in and get your room card key, come back out and get your luggage and go up to your room. There is a sign that says 20 minutes only but I've left my car there for an hour (long line at the counter) and just returned and moved my car in the parking structure.

Previously if you ask at the Cal and MSS they would give you a yellow card which allows hotel guests to park in their lot for free. Not sure what the new policy is though.

6. Grant1982

Grant1982 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No, no yellow pass. They will give you a long term pass to swipe through the machine however. Your friend is mistaken, there is no attendant in the garage, but I did see security sitting there a couple of times.

7. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    thanks for the info. The funny thing is that my friend parked for free in that street level lot next to the parking structure so guess you can still park for free - - if you can find empty parking spaces, ha ha.

Awww, and I made my own yellow parking passes. Oh well. :evillaugh:

8. MGinCO

MGinCO VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always just valet it.
    A few times I have parked in the garage, if I'm not going to take the car out for a few days.

If you park in the open lot across the street, when you check in, you get a tag for the car.

9. in4mation808

in4mation808 VMB VIP Expert Picture Taker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I could never find parking in the lot next to the parking structure, ever. Must be my timing. Also, those stalls that are for guests to check in....could never get an open one either...when checking and checking out...

10. Grant1982

Grant1982 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Although I have never parked in it, actually never paid any attention to it at all...I assume they are talking about the ground level lot directly to the right of the garage entrance. It is underneath the interstate I believe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.