Park MGM

Discussion in '$20 Trick Section' started by Sonya, Apr 28, 2015.

1. brucepickle

brucepickle Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Could you please let us know how your check-in goes? I'm arriving on Sunday (April 30th).

2. fugsworth

fugsworth High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I certainly will. Not optimistic, as my traveling companions have decided they want to shoot for early check-in and I expect that will kill our chances of getting anything better than a high floor, but I'll give it a shot.

3. fugsworth

fugsworth High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, the trick worked _okay_ this time. I was booked on a heavily discounted offer this weekend (not quite comped, but close) for a Run of House room. Was able to get an early check in, the bed type I needed, and a high floor-- she described it as "south facing", but it was really just a view of TMobile Arena and the freeway. Whatever. I did okay in the slot tourney so I'm not complaining.

4. wishman35

wishman35 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anyone have any luck getting a complimentary upgrade to the new rooms booking a Deluxe room? I would imagine their Deluxe room inventory has to be getting lighter as the reno gets near its finish

5. fugsworth

fugsworth High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @wishman35 I've heard they give out the new rooms very liberally. You shouldn't have any problems

6. wishman35

wishman35 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the heads up!

7. luck.ofthe.draw

luck.ofthe.draw VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Question regarding the $20 Trick and Pre-Check In (via email).

I leave for Vegas tomorrow, check in tomorrow afternoon. I was planning on doing the $20 Sandwich to see about a potential upgrade. Doubtful, since we have a preview room anyway.

However, for the purposes of this discussion, if I pre-check in via email, will that eliminate any chances of even trying to use the $20 Sandwich, as my room will already be waiting/prepared?

Thanksgiving Weekend!
  8. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No first hand Monte Carlo experience, but at Aria, the precheck system had you pick up keys at a kiosk with no options to upgrade.

9. colorfinger

colorfinger Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The new check in is primarily Kiosks so it is a little more difficult to pull off the sandwich BUT in the middle of the horseshoe of kiosks is a manned desk to 'help' with the kiosks. They can, in theory, upgrade you. Additionally, if you reserved your room through mLife and are pearl or above there is a small check in desk 'reserved' for mlife check in.

• Informative Informative x 2
  10. luck.ofthe.draw

Trips to Las Vegas:
    - question for the $20 sandwich at Park MGM.

I just got my pre-check in email (we won't get there till late tomorrow night). Usually I pre-check in right away, assuming that I'll get a better location of room as opposed to waiting. I see it as an RSVP of sorts.

If I do the pre-check, can I still try the $20 sandwich upon arrival, or am I set (should I wait)?

Thanksgiving Weekend!
  11. luck.ofthe.draw

Trips to Las Vegas:
    **EDIT: Disregard! I can't read, apparently. Just read the response above mine. I'm Pearl so I'll pre-check in and try my luck when we arrive tomorrow.

Thanksgiving Weekend!
  12. David Mach

David Mach Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Has anyone tried doing the $20 sandwhich to get up grade to Nomad hotel? Does that sound possible? My trip is coming up next week and would like to give this a try.

13. gs32794

gs32794 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It is my understanding that, at this point, Park MGM has kiosk only check-in. So how is a $20 trick even possible?

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1