1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Paris pool questions

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Mad Dog, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Mad Dog

Mad Dog Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We are headed to Paris over the labor day weekend. My wife and sons look forward to a lot of pool time. What is the current process for getting into the pool? Does 7* status help at all getting in?

Any recent experiences with the process would be appreciated. I tried to call but the pool is not accepting calls... If they want to do that they could at least post clear guidelines on the web site. Ugh.

2. NewOrleansSlimm

NewOrleansSlimm VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    if you are not a guest of that hotel or a hotel that shares a pool, simply show your diamond or 7stars card and they will let you in

3. engicedave

engicedave VIP Whale

BTW, I am a firm believer that a cabana is worth every penny. Fan/mist, some shade (more than an hour or so can feel intense), food/bev service, a TV to watch or listen to, your own lounger chairs.

Worth it

4. Mad Dog

Mad Dog Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I looked at a cabana reservation but it was over $500, you pay at the time of your reservation and it was non-refundable. In case we need to cancel our trip that was a deal breaker.

Still looking for feedback from any DIA or 7* member who has been there in the last few weeks. Was it easy to get admission to the pool?

• Wow! Wow! x 1
  5. loonytoony

loonytoony VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yikes $500, steep

Anyone been since the reopen?

6. hattrick225

hattrick225 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  7. Mad Dog

Mad Dog Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I reserved a Cabana a few tears ago at PH with a decent drink package. That was in the $350 range with the initial drink package. That was worth it and we enjoyed it. At the time one of my sons became our Cabana enforcer. He had to nicely ask about 5 people to leave our reserved lounge chair area over the course of several hours. There were a lot of squatters.

The $500+ at Paris includes no alcohol, just water, ice and a fruit tray. The other big issue with me is that they are apparently enforcing the wear a mask rule even if you are in your reserved Cabana with your own family. That makes little sense to me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. engicedave

engicedave VIP Whale

I've done a cabana at Paris and elsewhere.

I'm a Florida native, I know how brutal the sun can be, not just your skin, but it also exhausts you physically.

I actually have a cabana reserved at Paris for a week from today.

$500 may seem like a lot, and it is, but think of it as a hotel room poolside, with food, beverages, towels, private loungers, a misting fan (keep you cool) and TV to watch/listen to and even a safe to store stuff while you swim or nap.

"It's Vegas, Baby"

To really enjoy a pool day, a cabana makes all the difference. It's worth the splurge or if your play is there, ask a host to take it off your bill.

9. loonytoony

loonytoony VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks I see they have two types. Is one really better?

10. seaoftranquilitycruiser

seaoftranquilitycruiser Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a cabana reserved at Paris for Friday 8/14 even though we only intend to use if for an hour or two. We value the shade and fan and not having to worry about standing in line or waiting for a reservation to get in. The poolside cabana is the open walled "tent style" one with fan. The deluxe cabanas are walled rooms with AC. My group of 5 chose the regular cabana rather than the cabana with AC -- we still want to feel like we are at the pool, so the open walled tent style one suits our needs better. I have read reviews of both the poolside cabana and the deluxe cabana that say they sometimes smell a little "funky" so that factored in to our decision as well, as open air may be better.

• Like Like x 1
  11. engicedave

engicedave VIP Whale

Yes and no.

The more expensive one is like a small building....like a REAL cabana. I think even has a small AC

The less expensive is a nice awning (think fancy EZ-up) with all the same amenities (except AC).

I'd go for the lesser if you want to save a few bucks, the shade and misting fan alone makes the whole thing so much better

• Informative Informative x 1