1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Paris or PH/Flamingo/LINQ?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by wildbilly, Oct 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wildbilly

wildbilly Tourist

So I'm booking a room for family under my TR rewards account and rate. I'll be there to check them in and will just add one of them to the reservation at the desk so that they can get extra keys or whatever if they get locked out. Anyway, I had 2 questions:

1) Will they be able to pay using their credit card at checkout if I add their name to the reservation when I check in? I'll say that we're staying there together and they want to pay. Will that work? (They have to use a credit card travel credit)

2) They insisted on booking Paris because it's supposed to be a luxury hotel. I checked prices and Planet Hollywood, LINQ, and obviously Flamingo are cheaper. I usually stay at Flamingo, Harrah's, and Bally's because they are free/cheapest options and I actually like the Flamingo because I always get the upper floor rooms with the faux wood floor remodel. (I'm Diamond.) Should I recommend them to save their money and book either Planet Hollywood, LINQ, or even Flamingo. It is the most basic room at all of them but I will be doing the $20 trick to try and get an upgrade.

2. Champster1

Champster1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    1. Yes your guest can use thier credit card on the room. I actually did the same thing last week giving a comped room to a cousin but had her put her card on the room for incidentals Any charges to the room went on her card and she understood that she would have to either leave them on her card or pay cash at check out. Your family would undoubtedly have to do same ( albeit pay for the entire stay)!

2. I would say that thier choice of hotel would probably be up to them. Linq is for ( IMHO ) a younger crowd! Flamingo and planet Hollywood maybe a tad older and Paris/ Ballys for a more mature crowd!

It's hard to make recommendations not knowing the age of your "family"! If they are booking under your tr and you are diamond then I imagine that the price range isn't great ( although you haven't actually stated the cost of each hotel ).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.