1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Paris Classic Room

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by K-9treatbaker, May 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. K-9treatbaker

K-9treatbaker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi All,

I have my stay booked at the Paris, on a comp for 5 nights, Sun.-Thurs. The comp is for a classic room.

I assume these rooms are "old".

The reservation clerk told me, she would request a high floor, floor 25 and above, because those had pillow top mattresses. And she noted it was my Aunt's birthday.

Would these high floor rooms possibly be a Burgundy room? Red room?

I'm going to try the $20 trick, and need to know what room category I should request? It sounds like the Burgundy rooms are newer.

Just in case I don't get an upgrade, can anyone tell me about the classic room?

Thank you.

2. DJ Ran

DJ Ran High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Paris is one of our home bases and yes Burgundy Rooms are the ones which were just remodeled. They began on the top floors and have been working their way down. Being you're staying Sunday thru Thursday, there's a better chance to score one. Simply ask at check in.

Keith Urban
  3. mike mc

mike mc High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    classic rooms are dated but large IMO, they may offer end of hallway room # end in a P this will have 2 window and corner views room is very large

4. Maxbet

Maxbet Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The higher the floor at Paris the better, if facing the strip. Club Chateau can be a bit noisy. Red Rooms are still listed on the booking site, also becoming worn, but still better than classic.

5. K-9treatbaker

K-9treatbaker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is there a certain tower I should request to be AWAY from Club Chateau? I do not want to hear any noise from bands playing at night. I'm a light sleeper.

I will keep my fingers crossed for a burgundy room. Or a red room. Hope the 20.00 trick works.

How bad are the classic rooms? Just in case they don't take pity on me and my aunt. She will be 89 BTW. Wants to see Vegas before she takes the dirt nap she told me. And she gets around better than I do. LOL

6. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The classic rooms are bad; they go beyond being worn. Burgundy rooms are the newly renovated rooms. Red rooms are worn as well but way better than classic.

7. K-9treatbaker

K-9treatbaker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Breann61 for your info on the classic rooms.

I'm going to call the Paris and see if I qualify for at least a Red room. Then still ask for an upgrade upon check in. I don't need a crappy room, since we will be there for 5 days.

I'll give an update after I talk to them

8. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I guess I must be easy to please. I have never had an issue with any of the classic rooms I have stayed in. (About 50/50 between Classic & Red). They replaced the mattresses in the Classics a couple years ago - used to be hard as a rock but have been fine since. I really like the bathrooms - nearly all are set with a separate stand-alone shower and a large bathroom counter area. Red baths are basically exactly the same.

The only thing I have never been super keen on is the armoire. Just because it takes up so much of the room.

Classic will still have an old converted mini-fridge (swapping those out with regular mini-fridges as they die. Forgot to check both friends rooms last month to see if they had been replaced with new in the Burgundy rooms. Red rooms have the same, but also have a coffee maker.

9. K-9treatbaker

K-9treatbaker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm going to choose another hotel after speaking to the Paris front desk person.

And the more I think about it, I think my aunt and I need to stay downtown. I think the walking may be a problem for us. I know how far apart things are on the strip. LOL

No comparison, I know between downtown and the Strip, but I can get MSS for 35.00 a night, no resort fee and no parking fee for us either. So, it's cheaper in the end.

And since I have pulled a muscle in my leg, and it is taking a long time to get better, I had better think downtown. LOL

Thank you all for your input and yes, my trip report will follow in June. It may be a long one. LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.