1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Paris Classic Room vs. Fab Luxury Flamingo

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by K-9treatbaker, Jun 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. K-9treatbaker

K-9treatbaker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hello Again,

Yes, I realize I am now being a pain in the butt on this board, but I just got off the phone from the Flamingo to confirm my reservation and while I was on the phone I asked the reservationist if she could check to see if we qualified for any comps at Paris.

She said she could comp us three nights and 50.00 for the fourth night, in a classic room.

I kept the reservation at the Flamingo, but now I need to know is the Paris classic room, the one on the web site that they call the Luxury Room? I did not see any "classic" room shown on their web site.

Any feedback on the classic room is again appreciated. I may switch to the Paris after getting some advice here.

Thanks again and please don't sign a petition to get me off this board. LOL I know I am being a pest. LOL

Kindly,
    K-9treatbaker

2. da1chifan

da1chifan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The "classic" room at Paris IS the Luxury room. It's their lowest tier room. While the luxury rooms are clean and fairly large, the decor is dated and the tv is an old tube tv that usually doesn't work very well. With the Flamingo FAB Luxury, you are getting a renovated room, a flat panel tv, and a VIEW as well. :)

3. K-9treatbaker

K-9treatbaker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Flamingo vs Paris

Thank you for the well taken advice about my room question.

I'm keeping the Famingo reservation, at least for now.

Kindly,
    K-9treatbaker

4. mdm4sfest

mdm4sfest VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    what is the price difference?

5. hokdo

hokdo Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would take the Paris room and use the $20 trick at the front desk. Personally I loathe the Flamingo. It's smoky, dingy, and I seem to have no luck there. Now that is all personal opinion and I can't speak for the Fab room at the Flamingo in terms of quality but the room upgrade I received at the Paris off my comp using the $20 trick was well worth it. Can you book Paris for the 3 nights free and use the Flamingo room for the night Paris was going to charge you? That seems optimal to me.

6. KKB

KKB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's a wash as far as I am concerned

Flamingo FAB rooms simply have new paint, carpet, bedding & TV...same old dinged furniture & no bathroom updates. Flamingo does have a great pool, though.
    Paris rooms do feel like you are in grandma's extra bedroom--lots of floral, but clean.
    There is not a lot of luck at Paris w/ the $20 trick, except maybe to get a strip view. Red Room is a very nice step up, but I have yet to hear anyone getting that w/ the $20.

7. mdm4sfest

mdm4sfest VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was comped 5 nights at Paris July 8-13. I had the choice of there or Flamingo and choose Paris solely based on that I never stayed there. Five years ago they remodeled the top 5 floors. So when I check in I sandwich the $20 and ask for a room on the top 5 floors. The basic room wont kill me but cant comprehend having a tube tv stare me in the face.

8. domeboy

domeboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are the top 5 floors the Red Rooms? Are there just 5 floors of them?

Thanks

9. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sone of us don't have flat panel TVs so that isn't an issue for me in my choices. I personally like both Paris & Flamingo so I alternate stays. I have never been successful with the $20cash trick at Paris either.

I am sure the time I had a Red that it was on a lower floor like 17 or 18.

10. K-9treatbaker

K-9treatbaker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Price difference is 50.00 for the 4th night.

Comp at Flamingo for all 4 nights and comp at Paris for 3 nights and 50.00 for the 4th night.

We also want an easy exit and entrance for a car rental. Any thoughts?

K-9treatbaker

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.