1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Palms shuttle

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by floridavegas, Jan 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. floridavegas

floridavegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd really like to check out The Palms while we are out there in a couple weeks... Read a few good reviews about the buffet - also would like to check out Gold Coast - just because it seems different... Is Palms really just across the street from Gold Coast?? So you can easily walk to it?

We took the shuttle to Rio last trip - just never ventured further... I remember Gold Coast parking garage just across from the Rio entrance, but The Palms - I remember further down the road?? How to get there from the strip w/out a taxi?
    Harrah's/Bally's to Rio/Goldcoast?? Then how to get to Palms?

Please and thank you...

2. Candy Apple

Candy Apple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Palms is across the street and just a bit up the road from Gold Coast. Last year we took the shuttle from Bill's to GC and walked over in 5 minutes. With Bill's closing down I wonder what's going to happen to the shuttle. I read that Palms has a shuttle from the Fashion Show Mall but we don't go down to that end of the strip so not very convenient for us. And yes, the Palms buffet is delicious...but if we have to pay for a taxi to get there, we might as well eat on the strip.

Anyone else?

3. keno60

keno60 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If the gold coast shuttle is not going, you can take the rio and walk to the gold coast, play etc. And then walk to the palms all are close.

4. floridavegas

floridavegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks guys!! That's prob what we will do - take the shuttle to Rio - walk over to Gold Coast.. then to Palms. (If we make it that far... :beer: )

I did call Palms - the lady with whom I spoke was not very friendly, said the shuttle to the strip was for hotel guests only... Whatever???

5. Candy Apple

Candy Apple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So they don't want people to eat and gamble at their property?

6. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The shuttle that ran from Bills to Orleans and gold Coast was for guests only as well but no one ever cared unless it was full and guests had first preference (and I never saw this when I was there).

You have another option for getting there. You can pick up the bus at Caesars on the west side of LV Blvd. at Flamingo. It is the 202 and runs every 20 minutes or so. Cost is 2.00 ($1.00 for old people like me with a pass). It is about a mile so it will take about 10-12 minutes.

Jimbo338

7. Candy Apple

Candy Apple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Would the $8.00 a day pass be good for that bus or is that only for the strip bus?

8. bromad1972

bromad1972 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The $8.00 a day pass is good for ANY bus in the city.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.