1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Paid Parking Returning to Mlife Properties

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Sfgiants13, May 10, 2021.

1. RC

RC Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Money Grabbin Machine

2. MCann

MCann VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I kind of hate myself for saying this, but considering they dont charge guests or players card holders above base, I'm in favor of this. We stayed at Bellagio during a really dead week last year, and on a tuesday or Wednesday night, we went out to dinner and the parking lot was 100% full upon our return. Fortunately we took a cab or uber for dinner but had we not, as a hotel guest and gold member, I would have been forced to park elsewhere. I'm sure there is probably some exception to prove this rule, especially around new years or something, but I've never seen a paid parking lot fill up. I've seen a few places on the strip at or near 100% capacity during the doldrums of capacity limits and low demand, so theres no way they'd have capacity for hotel guests with the caps lifted and pent up demand if it remained a center strip free parking free for all.

Now, at a place like Luxor where I arrived at checkout time on sunday, the first floor of the multiple level garage wasnt even full, so charging there, meh. And I only favor the fees to help keep spots available for guests. If they reserved spots for hotel guests and left others first come first served without a charge, that would be fine as long as there is some enforcement against jerks who drive in and park in the reserved spots, but towing is a liability exposure for the properties and they dont get paid for it, so I see why charging makes more sense.

Edit - I see the article didnt mention hotel guests at MLife properties. If they're going to charge them too, then BOOOOOO! But also I notice valet will be open again for my next trip, YAAAY!

Last edited: May 12, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. JonPesto

JonPesto Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
  4. MCann

MCann VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    • Parking may be conveniently charged to your room bill
    BOOOOOO MLife! No, that's not convenient!

But again, even Pearl tier gets free parking so at least they arent screwing their players like *some* people. Youd think a $51 and change resort fee would cover self parking though, sheesh.

5. Jimgotkp

Jimgotkp Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  6. Mr Bulldops

Mr Bulldops Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    With all of the free credit cards, players club tier matching, etc going on right now it's really easy to get free parking.

That said, Caesars pledged to donate all profit from parking fees when they re-introduced it on October 30, 2020 through the end of Q1 2021. They announced that they donated $3.1 Million, which works out to about $620,000 profit per month in parking fees collected during that time. During a time when travel was significantly down. I would bet that number is way higher now that people are pouring into Vegas.

7. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The only reason I'm not in favor of it for self-park is that it costs them nothing. That garage is there either way. But no objections to charging for valet.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Considering how easy it is to get to Pearl, it’s really not that big of a deal.

And if it cuts down on congestion in the parking garages, I’m all for it! I don’t want to have to park on floor 6 of the Mandalay Bay parking garage, thank you very much!

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Trevler

Trevler Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Alas, hotel guests have to pay for parking too. Which is frustrating.

• Agree Agree x 2