1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Our guest for 2 weeks

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by lsiunsuex, Apr 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lsiunsuex

lsiunsuex Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    While the mother in law visits the sister in law at her new job in Paris - training companies and government agencies how to maintain and diagnose jet engines...

How long does it take for 2 house kept cats of 7 years to get comfortable with a new cat? Cause Fiona is hiding under the couch.

4F0DCBA5-73B9-45CD-BF15-C057BD9A235C.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  2. Joejoejackson

Joejoejackson The Max Bet King

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can't even begin to answer that as I'm not a cat owner
    But buy some catknip and give both a heavy dose. Ya never know

3. Johnzimbo

Johnzimbo VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, some for the cat and some for the catsitter

• Like Like x 1
  4. ken2v

ken2v 200,000 and counting

America's most valuable agricultural expanse
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    Vodka.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Richard Alpert

Richard Alpert LOST

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The diagnosing jet engines might be easier to figure out! :D

It really depends on the demeanor of all felines involved, etc.
    Most of the time I've observed the older cats eventually relax and the new one gets comfortable in a day or two.

Best wishes on your cat-whispering!

RICHARD

6. hawki39

hawki39 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Once they get accustomed to each others 'smell' and figure out the flow chart of command, it will be OK...I'd guess in a few days they'll tolerate each other.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. flyguyfl

flyguyfl VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cats will work it out themselves. They have done so for ages. I am more interested in that sister in law who is training people in the jet engine business. I would like to know more about her background from a professional point of view.

8. lsiunsuex

lsiunsuex Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    She'll kill me for talking about it - one of those people that stays away from social media at all costs so i'll leave specifics out

Went to Syracuse university for supply chain management. Got started at a jet engine company doing just that for helicopters - making sure countries and companies get the parts they need on time, then on to selling engines and negotiating those contracts. Kept moving up in rank and I believe this was a lateral move for here (no real pay increase) - she took it for the experience and the traveling - she thought it would be fun. She'll be stationed in a different country every 3-6 months (Iraq is next I think) doing the same in every spot.

Bright women. Not the usual accountant, doctor, or etc... career you come across.

9. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Our newest cat stayed under our bed for about 4 days (we had all of her needs nearby). Then slowly started venturing about the house. A little further each day.

10. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
  11. lsiunsuex

lsiunsuex Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I said we should just lock all 3 of them in a bedroom or bathroom together for a couple of hours and let them figure it out but the wife didn't like that idea, haha.

12. makuk

makuk Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had 2 cats for 12 years that never got on, they would try to kill each other every day at every opportunity - Good luck!

13. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ummmm...all I can say is good luck, and bring out the cat nip!

My mom brought in two extra cats at her house (originally had one)....3 years later, they've finally achieved "kitty detente" (neutrality)...on a good day...still with some dramatic hisses here and there...

On second thought, scratch the cat nip...I'm thinking a nice glass of wine (or two) for you and the Mrs!

Or you can just embrace the cat-ocracy and go for being this guy.... copyImage.jpg

Ps, joking aside, I DO agree on giving Fiona more attention. Also, you might consider giving her a "safe zone"...a room where someone spends time with her where no other cats are allowed. Odds of making all the cats get along are slim...a little extra tlc at least helps.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2017
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. pebbles

pebbles VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It definitely depends on the cat. Keeping them in the same room so long as they can be supervised will help. Some cats never integrate. I hope you guest does.

Example.

One of my cats was born in my home when I already had 4 cats. She never went near any of the others after weaning, including her mother. She would sit on my lap all the time. She sat on my partner's lap only when I wasn't home. When she heard my car pull into the drive she would move from his lap to another place.

15. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good Luck! I think it's easier getting a cat and a dog to get used to each other rather than 2 cats. We used to keep the new kitty in an extra bedroom separated by baby gates for a few days. But my Josie was a bit of a diva (like her mom) and never really did warm up to the new cats.

Sister Trip - New Dates (Again)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.