1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Oscar's Steakhouse Happy Hour

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by VegasLover8, May 17, 2017.

1. VegasLover8

VegasLover8 Low-Roller

Has anyone been?

Apps are half price. Are they the same size./portion as they normally serve in the dining room? There are a few apps (meatballs, crab cake, tuna poke stack, calamari, shrimp cocktail) that interest me. Could make a meal if I order 3 or 4.

They don't have a beer or wine menu online. What beers do they serve? Any craft beers? Is the 50% off only on domestic or the macro beers?

I assume I won't be able to use the 25% coupon from the LVA MRB book. Correct?

2. K-9treatbaker

K-9treatbaker High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My husband and I were there and it is really nice.

We had the meatballs. You get 2 and they were half price.

They have a menu with the drinks that are half price. Otherwise they are about $ 10.00-12.00 a drink. Prices may have gone up, since last year when were there.

Hope this helps.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. johnvic

johnvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I never did the happy hour but I went there a few years ago for dinner and I have to say they were great. Drinks were great, steak was great, service was great. I would go back in a second if I was downtown.

4. VegasLover8

VegasLover8 Low-Roller

How big were the meatballs? Regular price on the menu is $16. Do they adjust the portions during happy hour?

I'm actually more interested in the beer menu. Do you recall whether they serve any micro or craft beers?

5. K-9treatbaker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Vegaslover8,

The meatballs were good size (med/ to large). However, I could easily have eaten both of them. If you are sharing these an appetizer, order two.

I don't think the portions were adjusted during Happy Hour, but I cannot be certain of that either. Sorry.

And I do not remember seeing any micro or craft beers on their menu. I'm not a beer drinker, so I really wasn't paying attention. So sorry.

We had the 1 appetizer and two drinks each and our bill came to 55.00 at Happy Hour. My two drinks were on the Happy hour menu and my husband had one drink on the Happy Hour menu and the other drink he had was some sort of nasty gin concoction with a cucumber slice in it. YUK!! It wasn't good at all and that drink was 12.00. My husband couldn't even finish it. LOL

Hope this helps at least a little.

6. K-9treatbaker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Vegaslover8,

I just saw this on the web site. It is a Happy Hour special on Wednesday's. It says it's a Local Happy Hour, but I can't imagine them not honoring it for everyone.

Happy Hour menu all night ($5 Well Drinks, $3 Beer, $5 House Wine and 50% off Appetizers), plus 50% off Champagne and wine bott

Hope this helps.

7. VegasLover8

VegasLover8 Low-Roller

Thanks for the replies. Might have skip this. Doesn't seem like that big of a bargain.

8. BackInVegas

BackInVegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  9. letsgotovegas

letsgotovegas High-Roller

The terms and conditions on the back of the 25% off ACG coupon state:

....max discount $50. Valid for dining room only Sunday through Thursday. Offer valid on food and beverage. Gratuity not included.........

and a bunch of other crap.

The terms and conditions on the back of the LVA 25% off coupon state:

....Valid for 25% off your total bill. Not valid for parties of 10 or more. One voucher per table. Excludes holiday periods. Gratuities not included. ....... and cannot be combined with any other offer........

I think that last one is what gets you. You might try hitting "contact us" on their page and ask directly, but I wouldn't count on a positive answer.

Here is a link to the Oscar's page....

http://www.oscarslv.com/

The happy hour is listed under the lounge section so probably not valid in the dining room?

Lounge opens at 4, dining room at 5. Happy hour runs 4-7.

I hope this helps!

10. letsgotovegas

letsgotovegas High-Roller

Ok, so you got me thinking so I went ahead and emailed them. Super quick answer too.....

The answer is:

Happy hour is indeed in the lounge only and unfortunately you cannot use the coupon during happy hour.

Oh, well, nice try! I like the way you think.