1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Orleans trip report- 3/4-3-11 semi live

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Jake13, Mar 7, 2020.

1. Jake13

Jake13 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Wednesday - We started off at airport baggage/ticketing and used a couple of Southwest card upgrades and got A6 &A7. Neighbors we travel with got A1 & A5 boarding. Pretty good start.

After getting our new Bconnected cards started our gambling and wife hit a $500+ major jackpot and a little while later the neighbor lady hit $1100+ jackpot. I am sure both have spent it all by now.

Ate at TGIFridays during their happy hour when apps are $6 each and ordered their 4 cheeseburger sliders with fries. They are great and can't beat the price. Waiter had us sign up for tgif app and got a couple of apps free (i already had it but resigned up). After 6 apps and 6 beers/drinks, bill was $45 for 6 people.

THURSDAY - not much excitement gambling wise, just a few wins in the morning.
    Ate lunch at Ondori.. We love their food, and lunch specials are about $12.

The Orleans has a free UltimateX poker tournament on Thursday afternoons for 1 time, and can play a second time by earning points on card. I played twice and ended up placing 42nd and got $20 Free play.. winner gets $1000.

We then decided to go downtown for the evening and took Boyd shuttle to fashion show mall. Then waited for Downtown Grand shuttle. Well, when it arrived, the driver would not let anyone on without hotel card or players card. The shuttle was empty and nobody else could get on either. The driver said she had no passengers on her shift. We ended up getting taxi.

We did go to Downtown Grand since we had never been there and played there for a couple hours and although no real big hits, didn't lose much money. I did get $35 in free play from the kiosk there. The best part was DTG was giving away pints of Jameson whiskey for earning points. We ended up with 9 pints of Jameson. This give away is every Thursday in March. Good thing the wives had their big purses with them to pack the bottles.

We then went to 4 Queens so I could get a card and use some crowns to get a messenger bag to carry most of the Jameson in so the girls didn't have to pack it. Got my card and bag and earned 20 points to get $10 Free play. Put that into .25 poker machine, and on last free spin hit 4oak queens on the draw for 250.

Wives were getting tired and I wasn't feeling real great with bad acid stomach, so decided to go back to Orleans. Got a taxi and the driver was practicing for the Indy 500 I think. We got back in good shape somehow. Fare was $30 from Binions to Orleans. Just went to room after that.

Friday- Got up ready a little late because of stomach issues. Again, nothing great gambling wise, just a few smaller hits. Swiped card for their promotion and got $5 free play (whoopee).

Ate at TGIFridays again around 3pm because my wife has to have their steak and lobster every trip, it is pretty good and not bad for 14.99 for steak, lobster, salad or veggie, and baked or mashed spuds.

Orleans was also having weekend drawnings every half hour for 3 people to spin a shell for prizes. My name got drawn and when I spun I won $200 in food credit. Problem is, one time use, use it all or lose it. And we still have over $200 in food comps to use.

Then went to the arena for 2 basketball games and found out they now sell beer and drinks in regular seating area. Not cheap of course, $8 beers.

Well all for now. Not sure what today will bring other than basketball again tonight.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Dangerous D

Dangerous D Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Go Zags

3. Joe Strummer

Joe Strummer VIP Whale

What teams were playing basketball ?

4. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thats a great deal for all that food at tgif!!

5. Jake13

Jake13 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's the WCC conference tournament.
    Last night was San Francisco vs Loyola Marimount and Santa Clara vs Pepperdine

Tonight is San Francisco vs Pacific and Pepperdine vs St Mary's

Thanks for the"go zags". They play monday

6. Jake13

Jake13 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, trip is over, and back home without incident. Even my 9 bottles of Jameson made it safely!! Sorry I forgot to take pictures of anything, my bad.
    Best part: ZAGS WON tournament, and may be the last tournament this year to even see on tv let alone live.

On Sat the 7th: I won $190 on Makin Bacon slots
    Went to Bailiwick for lunch/dinner to eat before ball games. Food is always great there and lots of beer selections. The only problem with them is that they don't open until 4pm and sometimes close too early for fans that want to go there after tournament ball games. They are missing out on hundreds of customers with those hours just during WCC tournament.

On Sun the 8th: Wife and I took the Boyd shuttle to Fashion Show Mall and walked to Treasure Island since we had never been there. Man, that place is spread out. Got their card and gambled a bit and got about $200 in free play between the two of us and a TShirt for their sign up bonus and play bonus. No big wins.
    We also went to the Prime Rib Loft for dinner so I could spend the $200 I had won on Friday since Sunday was only evening left without basketball games. Food and service was pretty good, a little slow getting food out but they were busy.

On Tues 9th: Young at Heart Day, so got their normal swipe and win stuff. Neighbor lady in our group got her name called in the evening drawing and won $250 and I got the color spin for $22.
    I also won $202 on Buffalo Stampede

Wednesday 10th: Last day. Went to host office and got anything that was not already comped taken off bill, which wasn't much probably since all 7 days were comped and we had around $800 in food comps for 5 of us.
    I won $72 on a 5 cent poker game with 4oak 6's and kind of just held my own for rest of the day.
    We went over to McMullans Irish Pub across the street from the Orleans for our annual meal there. We just love the food and the place in general, and since most of us in our group have some Irish in us.
    Got to airport in plenty of time and got our seat upgrades on our Southwest cards. While waiting for our flight, the one before us to Burbank was announced and announced, loaded, and left and one gentleman who was watching videos on his phone near us missed his flight. Don't know what he did next.

Only 355 days left til next trip

• Like Like x 2
  7. letsgotovegas

letsgotovegas VIP Whale

Thanks for the wrap up! Sounds like a good time was had by all.