1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Orleans overcharges and lesson learned

Discussion in 'Off-Strip Hotels' started by jeni921, Nov 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeni921

jeni921 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Reserved rooms at The Orleans in July for October 23rd -27th and received the confirmation email stating my resort fee would be $11.19 per night for 5 nights. Checked my credit card statement yesterday and noted that I had been charged approximately $27.00 more than what was stated in the confirmation email. I called to inquire about the overcharge and was told that I was charged the current resort fee of $15.99 plus the tax for the 5 nights and that accounted for the extra $27.00. Was told that I should have presented the email at checkout to dispute the overcharge. I had the email with me but had no awareness of the overcharge until I checked my statement.

In the grand scheme of things $27.00 is not a lot of money. And I am not complaining about resort fees...I just want to know up front the amount I am being charged because I don't like surprises on my credit card. Lesson learned.... Bring your email confirmation with you and double check what you are being charged before leaving to ensure you both agree on the amount.

2. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't know. Stayed at Orleans a number of times and if there was ever a line (twice) I checked out via tv. Always get a printed receipt or one emailed if from tv. Never had a problem BUT on other occasions I have been under/over paid on table bets due to lack of diligence and attention. Good warning to check ur balance upon exit for a place to begin the conversation of dispute.

Halloween vs Solidified-ween. What?
    NFL Wild Card--
  3. sabre

sabre Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Companies do this kind of stuff because consumers let them get away with it. Call the Orleans back and ask them if they would like to initiate the $27 refund on their end, or would they prefer you initiate a chargeback directly with your credit card company.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Fet297

Fet297 108 survivor North Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always review my bill on the TV where available. I have found issues at a couple CET properties with resort fees and had them corrected at checkout.

Also had issues with being overcharged in Vegas at Alamo upon vehicle drop off. They corrected it without question.

Yes always be aware of your bill,if intentional or not, it is always easier to get inconsistencies corrected in person.

36th Wedding Anniversary trip
    • Like Like x 1
  5. tonysb8

tonysb8 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Surly if you still have that confirmation email you could forward it to someone and they'd credit you back...?

6. marksind

marksind VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you have retained the evidence from your booking you shouldn't have a problem getting it reversed by disputing it through your credit card company. I've had to do this occasionally with charges from hotels, car rental companies, my (former) health club, and online retailers. I've never had a reversal that was denied or fought by the merchant.

7. jh46

jh46 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stayed at the Orleans on Oct 28 but like the OP, I made my reservation back in July. I received 2 confirmation emails about 4 days apart where the first one said the current $17.91 resort fee price but the second email said the cheaper price of $11.19. I was sure to bring both copies and mentioned it at check-in. I was told that for some reason, everyone who booked in July had this glitch happen and that since she had no way of adjusting the resort fee price, that she would simply not charge me one. I was happy with that! I would call back and talk to someone else.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Resort fees need to be outlawed

• Like Like x 1
  9. Trailer666

Trailer666 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had a similar experience in 2014 at NY NY. I booked the room in August and I guess the Resort Fee had increased before my December stay. My friend was charged the lower Resort Fee but not me. I did complain to NY NY when I did the online survey after my stay and it was credited back to my credit card. It was my first and only stay there. Other issues turned me off from staying there again.

10. vegasdev

vegasdev VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    without further question, the Orleans should have corrected this at once. especially, knowing that they were already aware of this "glitch". better yet just get rid of the effing resort fees already! enough is enough!

11. Big Tip

Big Tip VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Screw that thinking! It has nothing to do with the amount. It has to do with the principal. If we all just lay down and take it, we will end up taking it more and more. I think we all have an obligation to society to fight these kinds of things. Just think if we had made more noise about 6/5 blackjack?!

• Like Like x 1
  12. guapoxxx

guapoxxx High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree 100% with sabre's comment. Hell, I'd forward the confirmation email straight to your credit card company and have them sort it out.

Annual Golf Trip
  13. MikeOPensacola

MikeOPensacola VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

Bingo. :peace::beer:

Seasons Tidings at Palazzo 12/18-12/27
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.