1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Opinions on Mirage breakfast/brunch buffet?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by comfortablynumb, Jan 4, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jrinct1

jrinct1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven't been in years but the times I went I really enjoyed it.

2. Mirageluvr

Mirageluvr Let's Ride!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like the breakfast buffet at the Mirage. IMO, the mto omelettes are excellent, and the side dishes are very good. I'm looking to try the new all you can drink option noted on their website. I'm sure I can add the right additions to the Bloody Mary's to suit my taste. Cheers!

https://mirage.mgmresorts.com/en/restaurants/cravings.html

• Like Like x 1
  3. comfortablynumb

comfortablynumb Dogs have owners, cats have staff

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, time for my mini review of my experience of the Cravings Buffet at The Mirage.

Let me just preface this by saying I am not a very demanding eater. I just like food that's hot and tastes good. Unfortunately, this buffet pretty much failed at both of those things.

First, I got there at about 11 AM this morning and the line was ridiculously long. Then, after you pay, or in my case present your comp, you wait in another line to be seated. There were at least 50 tables open, but they were restricting the seating to only one section. The hostess offered me to sit at the bar, so I did that.

The only really good thing I can say about the food was the omelette bar. The gentleman making the omelettes was very good, they had a large selection of ingredients, and it was quick.

The eggs Benedict was actually cold, mashed potatoes and gravy cold, bacon was just OK.

I did not try any breads or sweets, but they looked OK.

I did enjoy the drink station, where you can flavor your soda.

I don't think I'd ever come back to this buffet even if it was comped. I'd rather go to Denny's across the street.

But, this was my only poor experience with The Mirage as a whole, so I'll give them a pass on this one.

4. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did you say anything to the staff about this? I would think that they would want to know about it and would try to remedy things like this ASAP.

5. LBTRS

LBTRS Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You used to be able to buy discount passes to Cravings Buffet at Mirage at the Tickets for Tonight Booth right across the street. Ate there a year ago and it was decent but not spectacular.

6. comfortablynumb

comfortablynumb Dogs have owners, cats have staff

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nah, I used to complain but now I just don't go back. Vote with wallet ;)

Plus, in a town with a million restaurant options, it's not that big a deal to me.

Just wanted to warn others who might want to try Cravings.

Every single other thing about The Mirage is tip-top.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Basil

Basil VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm quite surprised that food was cold. I've eaten breakfast there a lot (1-2x per trip), and while the selection is pretty straightforward, the food I've had has always been hot. I wonder if the timing impacted it? I'm usually having breakfast earlier than that (maybe 10 at the latest) and looks like lunch changeover is at 11 on weekdays. Not that this is any excuse to have cold food out for customers, just wondering if that's why my experience has always been so different. Same with the lines (I skip with status, but don't remember seeing a line longer than maybe 20 people tops).

Not saying you should go back, if you didn't like it, then no reason to. Just surprised. Hopefully it was a fluke and not an issue when I go back end of the month, but I'll be sure to report if it is.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.